- May 11, 2012 -
As the financial climate in the UK is hitting hard for many people there has been a distinct rise in the numbers of people looking to earn cash on the side, with the upcoming London Olympics only helping to fuel this trend.
While the most obvious way to earn extra money is to take on a second job, there are other ways which are easier and require little effort. They include:
- WhipCar (http://www.whipcar.com)
– if you own a car that is in good working order and you don’t need to use it much during the week or at the weekend you can use this website to rent it out. You can put your car on WhipCar and take a look at the bookings that you get. If you agree to a booking your car will be rented out and you will get a monthly cheque for doing so.
- YourParkingSpace (http://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk)
– this is a very popular way of earning extra cash and one that you can easily do. People who live in cities and towns or close to places where events are held, such as Stratford this summer for The Olympics, can rent out their parking space for a day, a week or even a month at a time to people who need a parking space.
- CouchSurfing – this is a free online community that allows you to offer hospitality to people who are travelling around the world or the country. You can charge travellers for staying on your sofa and joining up can also be a great way to save money yourself if you are planning on travelling around and want to save money on the cost of hotels.
- SpareRoom – this is one of the most traditional forms of making money from your home that has been around for many years. If you have a spare room in your home you can advertise it to people who are looking for a place to stay for a set period of time.