CAN WE TALK and LISTEN TO ONE ANOTHER
About the Proposed Amendment to the NC Constitution:
What’s at Stake?
Tuesday, May 1
Queens Sports Complex
2229 Tyvola Road, 28210
QUESTIONS TO BE EXPLORED INCLUDE:
• What are the legal implications of the proposed constitutional amendment?”
• Why do some people believe we need this amendment while others feel so strongly that it will be harmful to NC?
• Is this a question of morality, religion, economics, and/or equality?
• How do we respect the views of people with whom we adamantly disagree?
• What happens in our community on May 9, 2012?
Attendees will hear from presenters in response to these and other questions and share their perspectives about the Constitutional Amendment with one another in both small groups and in full group conversations. WFAE Commentator Mark Rumsey will comment on the role of media and what he has observed as a result of the publicity connected to the amendment. Rob Harrington, an attorney with Robinson, Bradshaw and Hinson, will help us understand what we’re being asked to vote on as well as the varied legal implications of the amendment. Two additional panelists will present their positions and perspectives about the need for this amendment in North Carolina at this time.
Register now to attend and add your voice to this timely conversation. To RSVP for this event, please contact Renee Thompsonat 704.336.2424 or email@example.com
For additional information, contact:
Community Building Initiative: Dianne English, Executive Director (704-333-2595 x101)
Community Relations Committee: Willie Ratchford, Executive Director (704-336-2195)
Mecklenburg Ministries: Maria Hanlin, Executive Director (704-565-5455)