- is getting ready to create his or her first website, or
- wants to know how to talk to his or her hosting companies and programmers, or
- wants to pull together all the bits and pieces of what he or she already knows into a coherent whole
Starting at 7 p.m., the first 20 minutes of the Wed 2/15 meeting is a surprising color-choice exercise from the workshops. For more information about the workshops, see http://fastsmartwebdesign.com/
The rest of the meeting is a case study of a successful blog-based web site. During the case study, Julie Laudicina, http://www.julielaudicina.com/
- What are your goals for the site? How does your site support your business goals?
- What do you like about your site? What don't you like?
- What else is part of your entire Internet presence? (Facebook page, MerchantsCircle, blog, etc.)
- Do you do any paid advertising and how well does that work for you?
- What is the traffic to the various landing pages on your site, if any?
Netpreneur meetings are open to anyone who uses the web to promote his or her business or service. They are held at the West Brighton Local Development Corp. offices at 705 Forest Ave., 2nd Floor, Staten Island, NY. Call 718-816-4775 for more information.
Here's the usual agenda:
The meeting starts with personal introductions and business overviews.
Discussion about a topic of interest to a web-based business such as SEO, social network marketing, or the latest technology.
Open roundtable--gives members a chance to ask questions and get input or help with a project.
Netpreneur meetings give small business owners a chance to meet and talk with their peers about what it's like to work and run a business on the web. We freely share knowledge and experience. So, if you're in e-commerce, a service industry, freelance, web design or web service, join us on Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/
# # #
Staten Island Netpreneurs (SI Web Group) is an internet networking group formed in 2001 to meet the needs of Staten Island and New York online businesses. Our goal is to facilitate the growth & development of local businesses on the web.