By Media Strategist & NYC Publicist, Annie Jennings of the National NYC PR Firm Annie Jennings PR
Book Publicity, Promotion & Marketing Mistake #1:
1. Old Outdated Website: Times have changed and so has the look and feel of author websites. The older author book sites are a lot more cluttered and confusing as authors have added more and more to their sites over time, making them cramped and hard to navigate. It’s ok. It easy to get a streamlined new design that showcases your material with intelligent design. Annie Jennings team of website professionals and internet marketing strategists can create a new design for you in less than two weeks. Don’t let an old, sluggish, boring site stand in the way of your book sales
Book Publicity, Promotion & Marketing Mistake #2:
2. No Book Marketing Conversion Strategy: When a visitor or book buyer comes to your website what would you like them to do? Hire you for the services? Buy your book? Or become a member of your community? Is the path to each desired outcome absolutely clear to the visitor? Most likely, not really. Don’t worry; it’s not totally your fault as many sites grew without a clear cut strategy. As authors and experts added more assets to their platform, such as additional books, audio or video, new ways to build community, the conversion strategy lines may have become blurred so now when a visitor comes they just get confused or it’s just one big mess. But the cost of an unclear strategy on your website is high. You lose book sales, business and of course credibility. What happens when someone comes to your site and does NOT know what to do because there is so much to do? Nothing.
Book Publicity, Promotion & Marketing Mistake #3:
3. No Inbound Marketing: How do your website visitors find you? How do your book buyers find you? It’s critical to step in front of your target client more than once and be in the right place at the right time when your target client decides to put the pedal to the metal. Stepping in front, staying visible and relevant is showing up in all the right places. It means being everywhere at all times. You will need a comprehensive design that is multifaceted and includes a strong online presence.
Book Publicity, Promotion & Marketing Mistake #4:
4. No Search Engine Ranking On Keywords – You Are Not Ranking On The Internet: Most book authors and experts usually have a core business model that earns them the big bucks such as consulting, speaking or providing other services to their target market. Their book is usually an “asset”, that is, a key marketing tool that showcases their wisdom, knowledge, credentials and experience. So ranking on the keywords or phrases that your target market is likely to use to find your company online is absolutely critical. Yes, you can buy advertising, no problem, but that is loaded with competitors making it tough for the client to decide which one to click, plus they know it’s just advertising so they take the results less seriously. However, when Google decides that you are the authority in your keyword category by returning your website as one of the top search engine result, that’s when you have a competitive advantage.
Book Publicity, Promotion & Marketing Mistake #5:
5. No Social Authority, No Twitter Or Facebook Presence: Yes, although social media is something new, it appears that having a social media ranking is something everybody needs it to get their competitive edge. Did you ever say to yourself, how is a tweet going to land me a new client? Well, you would be surprised to know how important that tweet and your overall social media image and strategy has become. To get a high powered social authority, you’ll need to be established on Twitter and Facebook with a business/book page for a bit of time and be active in your communication via this outreach as well. Yes, the number of followers or likes matters. The more, the merrier. Just build consistently over time in a strategy to optimize your social authority. Annie’
Book Publicity, Promotion & Marketing Mistake #6:
6. Authors Don’t Know That Over 2.7 Million Print On Demand (Self Published) Books Were Published In 2010: Now, that’s a lot of books. If you are an author, you are literally one in 2.7 million. According to established industry stats, book publishing and print on demand publishing is at an all time high with the print on demand sector skyrocketing. In 2010, Bowker reports that over 2.7 million books published were non-traditional (includes print on demand), up from just 22,000 in 2006. This explosive growth in book publishing and author access via print on demand publishing has put tremendous pressure on book sales. A book does not just sell on its own. A book needs a marketing strategy now to compete with the sheer numbers. A book needs to be seen to be sold.
Book Publicity, Promotion & Marketing Mistake #7:
7. No Media Assets: What’s a media asset? It’s YOU appearing on a major radio show or TV show as the guest or expert. It’s YOU being the quoted expert in a major media news outlet or in a national magazine. Yes, credibility matters a lot. Creating a PR and publicity outreach strategy is key to your success. You should be seen and heard as the expert in the name brand media so you can enjoy a tremendous asset that can bring you new clients and create major new and lucrative opportunities for you and your business.
BONUS BOOK PR & MARKETING MISTAKES: No Blog: It’s a biggie mistake. Not having a blog puts you at a significant disadvantage in many ways. Get yourself a blog on your site and be sure to post on a regular basis. Annie has an internet domination team that can help you set up your new blog (with all of the latest bells and whistles!)
NYC PR expert, Annie Jennings is a National Inspirational Publicist who dedicates her life to helping her clients reach their dreams. "Everyone should have the chance at getting their brass ring," says Annie who views it as her job to make sure they do!
TV Publicity Bookings, Get Booked On TV Talk Shows: The NYC Publicity Agency, Annie Jennings PR, offers the powerful “ANY CITY, ANY TIME” TV campaign that books authors and experts on TV shows across the country.
BIG NATIONALS! Get Booked On TV Talk Shows, Internet News Sites, And Print Media: This is what everybody wants. They want to get booked on BIG GUNS! Why? To get to this level you have to be good and be able to prove your authority in your field. Annie’s brilliant Ladder Strategy is designed to get you to the highest level of media bookings you can get and FAST too. You stay at each level just long enough to qualify for the next level higher. Soon you have a collection of high powered and influential media assets that create the ultimate competitive advantage. National media anyone? It’s at Annie’s!
SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST: All media falls under Annie’s famous “pay for play” business model. You DO NOT PAY HIGH MONTHLY RETAINERS OR HIDDEN FEES. You simply “pay for play”! Ask NYC Publicity Expert, Annie Jennings, about powerful publicity and PR programs and find out how you can get booked on the media without going broke ☺ !
Work With The Famous NYC Publicity Agency, Annie Jennings PR. Here’s How:
Get Your Own BIG CITY Radio Campaign
Find Out More: http://www.anniejenningspr.com/
Get Booked On TV Talks Shows
Find Out More: http://www.anniejenningspr.com/
Get BIG Publicity
Find Out More: http://www.anniejenningspr.com
# # #
Annie Jennings PR is a National Media Strategist providing publicity, branding and marketing and media packaging and development strategies to experts, analysts, businesses, corporations and individuals including book authors.