Last minute purchases tend to cost more, but with today’s technology, you have reasonable options that require no shipping and will always arrive on time!
Apple’s App Store gives shoppers the ability to send applications as gifts. All you need is an iTunes account and the recipient’s email address.
To send an App as a gift, just follow these steps:
- Launch iTunes on your desktop computer, or launch the App Store on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Find the right App for your recipient. It could be an addictive game, a delicious recipe app, or a tender storybook app (we have some suggestions below).
- If you are on a desktop computer: Find the menu arrow, next to the app’s price. Click on it and select “Gift This App” from the drop-down menu.
- If you are on an iOS device: Click the App’s icon to view its description page. On the upper right corner you will see a “Gift This App” link.
- You will then be asked to enter your recipient’s name and email, and enter an optional personal message.
- You can enter multiple email addresses separated by commas, and the same app will be sent as a gift to multiple recipients. This feature is a big time saver.
- If you are on a desktop computer, you are given the option to print a gift certificate instead of sending the gift by email. You could print certificates for several apps and use them as stocking stuffers!
That’s it! You are now done with your holiday shopping.
If you are unsure if the recipient’s device meets the Apps minimum requirements, don’t worry too much, you can get a refund for the app and then send a new one.
If you are having a hard time choosing an app, here are some recommendations starting at 99 cents:
For younger kids:
Pookie and Tushka find a little piano – Children’s Interactive Storybook
This storybook app is packed with fun content. It has a tender story about a Penguin and a Polar Bear, beautiful illustrations and fun musical narration. This app comes with bonus games, songs, educational content, and other extras, that bring endless hours of entertainment and education for the little ones.
For older kids (and adults!):
SkyView – Explore the Universe
For kids that want to see more than meets the eye, this app will help them expand their imagination!
For women who love fashion:
My Style Fashion Assistant
This app allows you to have an entire virtual wardrobe at your fingertips and lets you mix and match outfits to get the look you always wanted! It saves you time and money by helping you plan ahead so you become a smarter shopper.
For anyone that wants to get in shape:
BeatBurn Treadmill/Outdoor Trainer
This app goes beyond a regular exercise app, by not only recommending what workout to follow, but also by changing the speed of your iTunes music to match your exercise routine!
A trainer’s voice guides you every step of your workout program.
For anyone that loves taking pictures:
This advanced app adds tons of extra features to your camera including, stabilizers, grids, exposure and focus control, editing features and dozens of amazing effects. Not only is this app full of features, but it also offers a beautiful interface.
For anyone that loves music (don’t we all?):
Top 100 Music
For this low price you get access to the top albums and singles from around the world! You can listen to the full songs and watch their music videos.
For anyone that loves to grill:
Weber's On The Grill
This app is more than just a cookbook, it is a grilling technique guide and a timer, which are useful utilities to grillers who are still learning. It has 250 recipes with automatically tailored shopping lists, photos and prep times. A must have for grillers!
For anyone that loves cooking:
20 Minute Meals - Jamie Oliver
The perfect app for any aspiring chef! The recipes are simple and fast. It easy allows you to change the ingredient’s quantities for 2 to 4 people. This app was created by Jamie Oliver, one of the most influential chefs in the world!
Happy last minute shopping!