Operating just a few miles from Penn State University, Actuated Medical’s location allows for convenient interaction with clinicians and researchers from Hershey Medical Center, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Cleveland Clinic, John Hopkins, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), and George Washington University. The company has attracted a world-class team of experts in engineering, regulatory affairs, grant and proposal drafting, patent procurement, and intellectual property protection.
President and CEO, Dr. Maureen Mulvihill commented, "Over the past few years we've significantly expanded our focus. While the name Piezo Resonance Innovations served us well in the early days, our broader product offerings led us to take a fresh look at our entire brand – everything from the company name to our entire visual identity. In the end, Actuated Medical really captures the essence of what we do – bringing motion to medicine."
With an ISO-certified quality control system in place, Actuated Medical Inc. has quickly emerged as a leader in designing and developing next-generation, FDA-compliant medical devices that incorporate Innovative Motion™, a revolutionary actuation technology that is reshaping the traditional healthcare model. Since the company’s inception, Dr. Mulvihill and her team have been awarded a variety of industry accolades including:
• 2011 Finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year® Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia Awards.
• 2011 Finalist Enterprising Women of the Year.
• 2010 Top 100 Organizations, Pennsylvania Business Central.
• 2010 Finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year® Upstate New York, Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia Awards.
• Certified Women's Business Enterprise by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
# # #
Actuated Medical, Inc, formerly known as Piezo Resonance Innovations, develops medical devices that improve clinical care and patient outcomes through the incorporation of motion technologies. The company’s innovative designs are concentrated on state-of-the art, minimally invasive instruments for clearing occlusions, penetrating bone, and enabling the emerging MRI-guided surgical procedure industry.