Recognized by over a dozen toy and game industry experts, as well as numerous educational organizations, McNeill Designs’ flagship word game, the multi award-winning You’ve been Sentenced! (YBS!) is a unique word game that has drawn overwhelming positive reviews from children, parents and educators alike. YBS! is a fun and memorable tool to help understand, construct and deliver a complete sentence in a competitive and fun way. With a number of themed add-on decks available to enhance the sentence variables, the first McNeill/HSA project will involve creating a Country Music sector of the word game that highlights its’ terminology.
“As active members of the Music City community, the ladies of HSA have their fingers on the pulse of Country Music,” said McNeill Designs’ President and CEO Donald McNeill. “This version of the game will embrace the popularity of the Country Music genre throughout the USA and globally. HSA will be instrumental in developing the language for this sector of the game, as well as opening the door to potential partnerships with industry associations and Country Music artists.”
Accounting for nearly 15% of the music product sold since 2006 (in addition to CD sales and on the radio airways) Country Music has made its impression in various books, television, magazines and games; artists have been recognized with Presidential honors and appeared in movies; and corporate sponsors have come forward with multi-million dollar deals utilizing the Country Music platform to elevate product awareness.
“The statistics support our endeavor to branch into the Country Music arena,” McNeill added. “With existing add-on decks such as NASA Space Terminology, Gourmet Cuisine, Pop Culture, Sports Highlights and more, adding Country Music terminology opens the field to an entirely new family of gamers.”
According to the Country Music Associate Research Report (2006):
• 31.7% of Country Music listeners reside in the top 25 DMAs
• More than 48.1 million adults listen to Country Music radio stations nationwide each week, reaching more listeners than any other format
• More than 27% of adult radio listeners tune to Country Music radio
Additionally, Country Music has grown exponentially in recent years due to high profile corporate sponsorships including:
• Crisco partnered with CMA to produce Crisco Country Favorites Vol. 3, a collection of 59 recipes utilizing Crisco products – some by Country artists including Rodney Atkins, The Grascals, Little Big Town, The Oak Ridge Boys and more
• Country Music superstar Carrie Underwood appeared in her second Skechers footwear campaign and posed for a “Got Milk” Milk Mustache ad
• Reba launched her own signature clothing line at Dillard’s department stores
• Trace Adkins became the spokesman for IdleAire Technologies
• Taylor Swift appeared with NASCAR driver Darrell Waltrip in a “NASCAR AutoCare” commercial
Other corporate endorsers have included Bud Light, Chevrolet, Hallmark, Toyota and Wrangler.
“We believe You’ve been Sentenced! is a fun-filled, educational game that can be played by one and all,” said HSA’s Preshias Harris. “It’
HSA’s first course of business is to prepare the Country Music vocabulary list and extend an outreach to Country Music artists and potential sponsors to establish working relationships with McNeill Designs.
For more information about McNeill Designs for Brighter Minds and the You’ve been Sentenced! word game please visit: http://McNeillDesigns.com
# # #
About McNeill Designs for Brighter Minds
Based in Wilmington, Delaware and founded in 2004, McNeill Designs launched into the marketplace with a series of innovative board, card, and party games including its flagship product, the word game, You’ve been Sentenced! Following up its success the education game company added the multi award-winning memory game Twisted Fish, as well as a number of You’ve been Sentenced! themed add-on decks including the most recent addition in 2011, the NASA Space Terminology Deck.
YBS! has consistently been recognized for excellence by the toy and game industry, as well as by education experts. The game is the recipient of an impressive list of awards and honors since its introduction to the marketplace including:
• Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, Gold Seal Award
• iParenting Media, Hot Product Award
• Creative Child Magazine, Seal of Excellence
• Dr. Toy, Best Products Award
• Spewgie Award, Best Family Fun Game Award
• Tillywig Award, Laugh Out Loud Fun Award
• Scholastic Instructor Magazine, Best of Teachers Picks Award
• National Parenting, Seal of Approval
• Mr. Dad, Gold Seal of Approval
• Dad Does, Approved Award
• Parent Tested Parent Approved, Best Product
• The Toy Man, Seal of Excellence, 5 Stars
• Parents with Style, Stylish Product Award
• Mensa Parenting for High Potential, Hot Product
• FAO Schwarz Toy Auditions, Winner
• George Lucas Educational Foundation's Edutopia magazine, Hot Media for Educators