The new patented active cabinet window solves this problem in an ideal and easy way by integrating the implemented electronic into the safety circuit of the laser system. In the event that a laser beam hits the window and a sufficient part of the radiation couples into the sensor in the window frame, the laser will be shut-down immediately before radiation leaks from the back side of the window. Incredibly this system is totally insensitive against scattered and process light.
This offers the user a complete, safety-certified system which is in accordance to mechanical engineering regulation. When combined with active barrier systems a certifiable safety solution for industrial high power laser installations, in the wavelength range between 820-1100 nm, is now also available.
• Available in 2 standard dimensions: approx. 23“ x 35.5“ and 267mm x 390mm (DIN A3)
• Complete system with frame
• Easy integration into safety circuits
• CE Certified safety
• Ideal for automated manufacturing cells
• Typical switching time: 8ms
• Wavelength range: 820 – 1080 nm
• Stable and easy setup
• 9x larger area compared to mineral glass windows
• Tested with 16kW fibre laser
Certification based on:
DIN EN 60825-4:2009-
DIN EN 207:2010-04:
DIN EN 954-1 (Cat.4/SIL3)
# # #
BFi OPTiLAS an Acal plc Division is a pan-European technical distributor of specialist products for electronics and Photonics markets. BFi OPTiLAS focuses on niche technology products such as Optronic and Electronic Components.