PRLog - March 15, 2011 - CHICAGO -- --
An annual gathering of, for, and by enthusiasts of open-source software, technology, and culture, taking place at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
This year, you can also take your exams for certification by the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) and BSD Certification Group (BSDCG).
FEATURED SPEAKERS and TOPICS
Flourish! 2011's list of speakers include:
- Chris Palmer, Technology Director of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, on Internet decentralization efforts
- Chris McAvoy, VP of Technology at Threadless, on "What Should You Build?"
- Ryan "Icculus" Gordon, professional Linux 3D game developer
- Vinod Kutty, CME Group, on migrating to Linux on x86
- Cathy Malmrose, CEO of ZaReason, on stress-testing Linux hardware
- Mark Meeker, Principal UI Engineer for Orbitz Worldwide, on real-world Web development
- Edward R. Swiderski III, partner at GreenCanyon, on "Is Software Licensing Still Relevant?"
- Daliah Saper, Principal of SaperLaw, on the legal aspects of open source
- Italo Vignoli, The Document Foundation, LibreOffice
- Mitch Altman, CEO of Cornfield Electronics, on forming communities
- Dru Lavigne, Community Manager of PC-BSD, on the PC-BSD desktop
- Dean Wampler, Principal of Aspect Research Associates, on Scala
Complete list of speakers at http://www.flourishconf.com/
April 1 - 3, 2011
April 1, Evening Program
Reception 4:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Keynotes start at 4:30 p.m.
April 2, Day-Long Program
Morning Reception 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Main conference starts at 10:00 a.m.
April 3, Mid-Day Program
Morning Reception 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Day starts at 10:30 a.m
Certification exams take place from 11am - 3pm. Go to the Flourish! website for more details: http://www.flourishconf.com/
Complete schedule will be available at http://www.flourishconf.com/
UIC Student Center East
750 South Halsted Street
Flourish! is organized by the Computer Science department of the University of Illinois at Chicago’s (UIC’s) School of Engineering, as well as the University's Linux user group and chapter of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM).
Registration is free at http://www.flourishconf.com/
Join us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/
Conference updates and conversation-
# # #
Flourish is an annual conference dedicated to bringing together experts and enthusiasts in Free, Libre, Open Source Software (FLOSS) from the midwest and around the world.