Resources for journalists
• 1003 current university students were questioned
• 503 students applying for university were questioned
• Of those applying to Uni- 40% named http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk as their top student site compared to 74% for UCAS, NUS came third but with only 16% recall
• 83% of applicant students had heard of The Student Room
• 27% of current students named The Student Room as their top site compared to 26% for UCAS and NUS
• 66% of current students have heard of The Student Room and 31% have used it
For more information visit http://insight.thestudentroom.co.uk or contact us
Tel. 01273 624 948
Mobile. 07825 79 57 07
Tel. 01273 624 948
A recent review of The Student Room by Quantcast, the first and only MRC and IAB approved online traffic measurement service, found the following:
The Student Room receives over 1 million page views a day
50% of visitors are potential undergraduates (75,000 per day)
39% are at university (58,500 per day) 11% are graduates (15,500 per day)
# # #
About The Student Room
Founded in 2001, The Student Room (www.thestudentroom.co.uk)
Members are predominantly young people aged 14-26+ who offer support and advice to each other via forums on subjects ranging from education and careers to health, music and relationships.
The Student Room is widely used by students to help them make their important choices about which universities they want to go to and what subjects to study. As well as by graduates looking to find recruitment opportunities.
The Student Room works closely with several government departments and is the major advertising platform for higher education in the UK. It offers powerful ad targeting solutions for graduate recruiters and youth brands.
For more information and to get insight into student opinions and habits visit http://insight.thestudentroom.co.uk