PRLog - Aug. 26, 2010 - MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. -- The Bollinger on Bollinger Bands website (http://bbands.com/)
Bollinger on Bollinger Bands Website Logo
Just added is “The Edge” an approach designed to give traders an edge in trading. Edge highlights days where you can expect strength or weakness. To quote John Bollinger “Want to buy XYZ; why not do so on a weak day that is expected to be followed by a strong day?”
Following are some of the patterns Edge identifies:
- Strength by day of the week. This analysis is broken down into three pieces: Close over close, open to close and overnight so you can see exactly when strengths and weaknesses are prevalent.
- Patterns at the end of the month. Edge draws a histogram illustrating the strength or weakness of the days before and after the turn of each month.
- Patterns at the option expiration. Edge draws a histogram illustrating the strength or weakness of the days before and after each month’s option expiration, the third Friday of the month.
- Sequences: Edge calculates the odds for an up day after any series of ups and downs. The default is four day patterns, but you can specify any length sequence that you want.
- Market holidays: Edge calculates the strength for the days before and after the holiday. A total of nine holidays are analyzed: Easter, Labor Day and so on.
The Edge analysis is available for any stock or index included in the BollingerOnBollingerBands universe.
About http://BollingerOnBollingerBands.com (also (http://bbands.com)
John Bollinger's book “Bollinger on Bollinger Bands” was published by McGraw Hill and has been translated into eight languages. His website named after the book provides access to the trading approaches that are introduced there, plus a wide array of technical analysis tools.
The free area of the website includes a thorough description of the three trading approaches presented in the book; a free charting program with several features including Bollinger Bands and Bollinger Envelopes; and a description of Arthur Merrill's M and W patterns.
The subscriber area includes customizable charts and access to a wide variety of indicators; lists of stocks that meet the criteria for each of the trading approaches updated on a daily basis, including both long and short positions; an extensive stock-screening program that allow users to customize the search to fit their own criteria; a unique pattern recognition system that categorizes stocks into a series of M and W patterns; and a personalized portfolio area so users can review how their holdings are doing at a glance.
Regarding the website Bollinger said “I am committed to continually improving the site to provide our users with the best and latest tools available. The Edge adds another powerful tool to the mix.”
After a free one-month trial, subscriptions to www.BollingerOnBollingerBands.com are $25/month.
About John Bollinger
John Bollinger is probably best known for his Bollinger Bands, which have been widely accepted and integrated into most of the analytical software currently in use. He is the president and founder of Bollinger Capital Management, Inc., an investment management company that provides technically driven money management services. The firm also develops and provides proprietary research for institutions and individuals.
Mr. Bollinger has published the Capital Growth Letter since 1987 and is interviewed regularly on television and radio. He is a speaker at financial seminars worldwide and the founder of several financial websites: http://www.BollingerBands.com/
John Bollinger is the recipient of the 2005 Market Technicians Association Annual Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Field of Technical Analysis.
Mr. Bollinger will be holding a Bollinger Bands seminar in Los Angeles October 9 & 10, 2010, his first since five years. See http://www.bollingerbands.com/
JOHN BOLLINGER IS AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEW.
# # #
Bollinger Capital has been providing technically driven money management services since 1988. The firm also develops proprietary research for institutions and individuals, and has eight internet websites that provide analysis of the financial markets.