Although the conventional, small-molecule segment of the market will continue to hold a larger share, their growth is expected to be in low single figures, while biopharma products are forecast to grow at rates up to 10% per annum.
This report analyses the three main components of the biopharma market - monoclonal antibodies, therapeutic proteins and vaccines - to show why these groups have such a positive future. It provides the most up-to-date discussion of the whole biopharma market and explores new clinical indications beyond those already targeted.
Key Features of this report
* Monoclonal antibodies will build on recent market growth as new product candidates come onstream and new indications are confirmed, extending the usefulness of Mabs beyond cancers and autoimmune disease to CNS conditions, infections and others.
* The Therapeutic Proteins class will continue to be dominated by hematopoietic growth factor products for cancer-
* Cytokines are another important contributor to the Therapeutic Proteins sector, and new uses for them are under investigation, including cancers, benign prostatic hyperplasia, gout, wound healing and inflammatory diseases such as Crohn's.
* Buoyancy in the Vaccines sector is driven by anxiety over bioterrorism, the ongoing risk of a global influenza pandemic and new targets for prevention.
* The prospect of therapeutic vaccines, especially against cancers, is another major driver in the vaccines market.
Scope of this report
* The report gives a realistic picture of the strengths and limitations of the biopharma marketplace, indicating those product groups whose strengths are set to last while avoiding over-optimistic forecasts of growth over the next five years.
* In terms of R&D activity, the report aims to give the reader a perspective on the important research avenues now being pursued, while updating the reader with an overview of recent R&D developments .
* By covering all the three major segments of the biopharma market, the report gives a better perspective of the contribution of biopharma to the management of some major diseases than would be gleaned from studying only a single product type.
Key Market Issues
* Monoclonal antibodies are forecast to grow at a CAGR approaching 10% over the next five years, driven largely by good results in the clinic
* Cancers and immune-related inflammatory diseases will continue to be leading iuses of Mabs during the five-year forecast period
* New indications offer the prospect of major market growth for cytokines; these include cancers and inflammatory diseases
* Other therapeutic proteins such as growth factors, coagulation factors and erythropoietins, have limited opportunities for growth through excpanding indications, and depend instead on product improvements
Key findings from this report
* In terms of market size, therapeutic proteins are the leaders, but monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) are the fastest growing sector
* Cancer still ranks high among targets for new MAb development, along with treatments for inflammation/
* Cytokines in advanced development include treatments for cancers, benign prostatic hyperplasia, gout and inflammatory conditions such as Crohn's disease.
* By the end of 2009 there were 29 monoclonal antibodies approved and marketed for therapeutic use. This product class is now approaching maturity.
* Therapeutic protein products which have been success stories include insulin, erythropoietin, growth hormone, the interferons, and the fusion protein Enbrel (etanercept)
Key questions answered
* What indications will be the main market drivers for Mabs during the next five years?
* What are the most important market trends in the vaccines market?
* Will the biopharma market perform any better than the overall pharma market during the next five years, and why?
* Which segments of the therapeutic protein market are likely to see the best growth?
* What are the major drivers for M&A activity in the biopharma market?
For more information or to purchase this report, go to:
About Business Insights
Business Insights appreciate the importance of accurate, up-to-date incisive market and company analysis and their aim therefore is to provide a single, off-the-shelf, objective source of data, analysis and market insight. Business Insights work in association with leading industry experts to produce a range of reports across a wide range of industry sectors. By working in association with so many experts they are able to provide clients with more incisive market analysis specific to the client's industry sector. No other market analysis company provides such focused and trusted market analysis, across such a wide range of industry sectors. View more research from Business Insights at http://www.fastmr.com/
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.