1. Let’s look at the various ways an investor can hedge their bets against inflation and come out a winner. Is you are a new investor then your best bet is to buy locally for your first investments, if for instance you want to buy gold and silver coins it’s a good idea to establish a relationship with a local coin dealer, buying and selling is something that needs to be conducted with a great deal of trust involved. Also an established relationship with a good local dealer will open the way for you to sell your coins knowing that u will get the best deal possible.
Buying of coins is a good choice but the downside is you need to store them, local banks have safe deposit boxes or there are companies that specialize in storage of precious metals. There will always be some risk of lost by theft when buying precious metals.
2. ETF’s in precious metals brings gold and silver purchases to the stock market. These are sold just like stock in any normal way. A downside is the EFT for gold (GLD) and sliver (SLV) come with certain tax disadvantages, which could make them expensive. Another downside is ETF’s incur expenses that make their investment less than originally. This is a quick market fast turnover investment, buy and sell for a quick profit. It certainly is not for the long terms investment. Look at companies such as Gold101.com (http://www.twitter.com/
3. With digital money companies. An investor is able to combine the ease of owing precious metal stocks as well as having the security of owning some physical precious metal. Goldmoney stores precious metals off shore. Bullionvault does trading using low mark-ups and trading costs. And Pecunix a smaller company, is based in Panama, they have been active for several years. Diversifying with different investments ensures your total investment is no lost and you have some investment to fall back on.
4. CEF precious metal mutual funds are convenient, they operate in a similar way to stocks, buy and sell through brokers, this can be a solution for large sums. But it does carry a premium as much as 12% over its value.
5. And the last one Perth Mint sells silver and gold certificates through many brokers worldwide. This is not widely recommended for gold and silver but it is an investment for insurance.
Learning how to buy gold, is important when making such decisions that are necessary to effect the purchase of gold coins, ETF’s, CEF’s or digital gold or which ever path you choose to take, consulting with experienced brokers such as Superior Gold Group (http://www.usgoldinvestors.com) is a wise decision before you place your money in any investment
# # #
The Superior Gold Group is an industry leader in the precious metals investment industry focused on adding portfolio diversity through precious metals.