PRLog - Dec. 16, 2008 - CHESHIRE,, U.K. -- Residents of the United Kingdom (UK) have to apply for a valid visa if they would like to travel to Vietnam. There are, as usual, two ways for getting a visa to Vietnam in the UK, one, reaching Vietnam embassy in London, and two, applying for an effective visa on arrival through a visa service.
Get Vietnam Visa directly at the Embassy:
* Issuing unit: Vietnamese Embassy in the UK
* Processing time: 3 to 5 working days
* Processing fee:50 – 85 USD/person
* Additional fee: Postal cost
* With Passport requirement
* How to get it? You reach this Embassy in person and follow the required procedures.
Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival via visa service:
* Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department
* Processing time: 1 to 2 working days
* Processing fee: 25 – 50 USD/person (stamping fee NOT included)
* Without Passport requirement
* How to get it? You go online at http://www.vietnam-
Location of Vietnam Embassy (Visa Section) in the UK
How to get there? The Embassy is opposite to Kensington Garden (Hyde Park). The nearest tube station is High Street Kensington, which is about five minutes walking from the Embassy. You just exit the tube station, turn right, go straight for about 300 m, then you will see Victoria Road on your right.
London W8 5RD
Tel: 0207 937 1912
Fax: 0207 937 6108 / 0207 565 3853
Visa fees and charges
A standard 30-day, single entry visa:
- Processing fee: £38
- Postage administration charge: £8 for return by Special Delivery
- Postage charge for two or three application together: £6 per person
- Postage charge for four to seven: £5 per person
- Postage charge for eight applications up made together: £4 per person
A 30-day, single entry visa in the fast-track service:
- Fee: £55 if collected in person; and £63 if return by post, including Special Delivery
You can send your application by fax two working days in advance and have your visa stamped upon submitting your original passport and visa fee payment (Please note that this fax option is allowed only in the fast-track service).
- Fee: £55
- Granted within one hour if you come in person.
Fees and charges are per individual and applicable to both UK and Ireland and to all applicants who possess valid and separate passports. All payments for fees and charges can be combined into one single form (in cash, postal order or bank draft). Pre-paid envelopes are not accepted.
Please note if your children are also on your passports, they will be exempted. Otherwise, they will need separate visas and will be charged as such. You do not need, however, to file separate application forms for them.
More Vietnam Visa information, guide and tips at http://www.vietnam-
# # #
For those who would like to avoid the perhaps lengthening visa procedures with their local Vietnam's Embassies, the service of Vietnam Visa-On-Arrival is available for help. It is legitimated and supported by the Vietnamese Immigration Department. We recommend that you choose visa upon arrival, as picking up visa at the Vietnam int'l airport is quite simple, easy, no additional charges and no fail.