What is PET
PET is nothing but an acronym for Polyethylene Terephthalate, which is a is a thermoplastic polymer resin of the polyester family. Pet was first patented in 1941 and its current trademark owner is Dupont Teijin Films US.
Properties Of PET
Some of the main properties of PET are mentioned below:-
3) Almost Unbreakable / Shatterproof / Impact-Resistant
4) Acts as a barrier to Temperature, UV Light, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, Alcohol, Solvents, Water etc
Uses Of PET
1) Properties of PET makes its application worlwide in various industries. Some of the uses of PET are mentioned below:-
2) PET is widely used in making synthetic fibres, which is commonly known as polyester.
3) Since PET has a ability to retain carbon dioxide, it is used in making carbonated soft drinks bottles including soda bottles.
4) Make bottles for water bottles, mouthwash, beer, salad dressing etc. There are two main steps inmaking the PET bottles. First is creating a preform and second is blowing of the preform.
5) Make jars for butter, pickles, jelly, jam.
6) Make microwaqvable food trays
7) Thermoforming Applications.
8) Engineering resins in combination with glass fiber.
Advantages of PET
PET has got various advantages over other products. Some of them are listed below:-
100% Recyclable - PET is 100% recyclable, which is a major plus point in view of the environment. Infact a new PET bottle can be prepared with 100% recyclable material
Lighter - It is lighter as compared to other packing materials. Because of this, end product is lighter, which saves the transportation cost
Increases Shelf Life - Because of its outstanding barrier capablities, it considerably increases the shelf life of the contents in it, as a result it is highly suitable for spices, pickles, organic products, natural cosmetics etc.
Reduces the Risk - SInce PET is almost unbreakable, it reduces the breakage risk in production line, packaging, transportation etc. This reduces the idle time and leads to saving in terms of time and money
Consumes less energy - PET consumes less energy to produce, tranport and packahing as compared to the next available alternatives like glass or aluminium.
This book offers complete overview of PET Bottles like Introduction, Uses & Application of PET, Production of Base (Amorphous) Pet Chips, Properties & Advantages of PET, Manufacturing Process of PET, Injection Molding the PET Preform, Heating the PET Preform, Process Flow Diagram, Stretch Blow Molding the PET Container, PET Container Ejector, Machinery Suppliers, Pet Stretch Blow Molding Machine, PET Bottle Making Machine, High Pressure Three Cylinder Air Compressor, Automatic Pet Blow Moulding Machine, Two Stage PET Blow Moulding Machine, Features of Automatic Pet Blow Moulding Machine, Hydraulic Injection Moulding Machine, Horizontal Injection Moulding Machine, Suppliers of Plant and Machinery, Suppliers of Raw Material etc
This book is highly recommended for entrepreneurs who want to enter into this line of business, librarians, consultancy firms, professionals etc.
For more information, please visit the following link http://www.niir.org/
or, you can also visit http://www.niir.org
Mr. AK Gupta
Mr. AK Gupta