The timeliness of the event complements the current vibrancy of the Middle East region’s healthcare industry in general and the UAE segment in particular. In fact, a recent study made by RNCOS forecasts that the UAE’s healthcare industry is poised to grow by 16 per cent in 2014, or an equivalent of USD 14.6 million.
The study further reveals that the UAE’s per capita healthcare spending--which is the second highest among GCC nations—is also expected to grow by five per cent next year. Looking to play a major role in this predicted growth; Cerner will feature its exclusive range of IT solutions for healthcare services during the four-day exhibition, which include:
• PowerChart Oncology, a solution that collects and integrates clinical information to support the specific needs of oncology care;
• PowerChart Maternity, a system that creates a single maternity care reference point allowing obstetrical nurses in the acute setting to document and access real-time data at the point of care to enhance clinical decision-making;
• Capacity Management, Registration and Scheduling, enables tracking, managing, and optimizing the flow and alignment of people and resources throughout a health care organization.
• CareCompass – manages all patient care from documentation to closed loop medication administration in the care environment;
• Care Admin, a solution that ensures positive patient identification and safe administration of medication;
• Executive Dashboard, a real time dashboard as well as a patient flow solution that includes discharge, staffing and clinical outcomes from admission to transition to the next level of care;
• Emergency Medicine Solutions, for helping the emergency department provide safe care efficiently;
• PowerChart Touch™, a mobile solution that enables physicians to perform workflows from mobile devices like Apple’s iPad.
Mike Pomerance, Vice President and Managing Director, Cerner Middle East & Africa, said: “Arab Health is one of the longest-running healthcare exhibitions in the Middle East and Asia, and by participating in this premier event, it will offer us a vast platform to demonstrate our latest healthcare solutions to the Arab World. Cerner is committed to develop and provide the most advanced solutions and services to improve the quality of healthcare globally. Our solutions will offer long-term benefits to healthcare facilities as well as professionals along with improvement in the quality of treatment for patients.”
Arab Health 2014 will also organize Arab Health Congress 2014, the region's leading provider of medical education. The Congress will hold 19 conferences which will provide the opportunity to earn valuable Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits. The exhibition will see visitors, delegates and industry professionals from all across the world. Complete information is available at http://www.arabhealthonline.com.