Large Cap Funds should always constitute to be the core of any portfolio. At least 33% of the equity portfolio should be parked in Large Cap Funds. Some of the important factors when selecting a large cap fund should be as under:
• Track Record of the fund – The fund should have a minimum track record of 5 years
• Assets under Management – The AUM of the fund should be a minimum of 1000 Crores
• Consistency of performance – Fund should have performed consistently in the past years.
• Quality of Management – The Fund Management Company, Fund Manager, processes etc should be of very good quality.
Based on the above parameters, MyWealthClub.com recommends following Funds for investment:
• HDFC Top 200 Fund
• Franklin India Bluechip Fund
Performance analysis of the above funds with some other peer funds of the category is as under:
Scheme 1Y* 2Y* 3Y* 5Y* MyWealthClub Rating
HDFC-Top 200Fund-(G) 20.28 4.93 10.06 8.61 *****
Franklin India Bluechip Fund (G) 19.33 6.44 10.04 7.28 *****
Birla SL - Frontline Equity Fund (G) 26.62 7.05 9.26 7.31 ****
DSP BlackRock - Top 100 Equity Fund (G) 17.07 5.83 8.53 6.64 ****
Reliance - Vision Fund (G) 12.23 0.41 3.6 1.09 ***
*As on 24/1/13 ** Returns for more than 1 year are annualized
• Fresh funds should be deployed in HDFC Top 200 Fund and Franklin India Bluechip Fund.
• Investors of Birla SL Frontline Equity Fund and DSP BR Top 100 Equity fund should stay invested and watch the fund performance for one more year.
• Investors of all other large cap funds should exit when the funds are exit load free and replace the same with HDFC Top 200 Fund and Franklin India Bluechip Fund.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any additional information or clarification