Standard ASP.NET ways:
Let’s see how to solve this without using any library under ASP.NET:
• [C#] Describe data model on the server side
• [C#] Describe logic of de-serialization of the client query to the model
• [C#] Describe logic of data model processing on the server
• [C#] Describe logic of serialization of the model and sending new data back to the client
If the model quite small, these actions are quite obvious, but if you want to add new property or method to the model you will need to carefully write considerable amount of code.
Using Knockout MVC:
Don’t be so sad in advance — now you have a new wonderful library! Let’s see what will be solution of our task with the use of Knockout MVC.
• [C#] Describe data model and logic of its processing on the server
• [C#] Specify what data model element corresponds to every interface element
That’s all! The rest of logic will be generated automatically!
Visit us at http://knockoutmvc.com to get deeper into understanding how Knockout MVC can help you spend up your development and improve its quality!