2. The two-day Forum will see major stakeholders from the wireless industry In Taiwan and international nameplate players in the Global 4G Ecosystem to congregate & deliberate on the latest challenges shaping the evolution of the mobile sector, assist telcos to overcome present 3G operational challenges & facilitate their seamless migration to 4G, preparing them for the on-coming of 5G.
3. Dr Hsieh Ching-Tarng, Director of ITRI commented “The rapid deployment of 4G networks, indeed will enable wide varieties of innovative applications that enrich people's life and work experience. ITRI welcomes all international 4G/5G experts, ITU resource eminent persons and Taiwanese operators, 0TT players and telecom experts, to contribute to the growth and future of Taiwan’s telecom sector, the advancement of Taiwan’s economy and the success of this signally important 4G International Forum”.
4. Leading organizations and international heavyweight players present at the Forum include: Rohde & Schwarz, Verizon Wireless, Vodafone, Telefonica O2, KDDI/UQ Communications, Microsoft, Korea Telecom, Telstra, ITU, Ministry of Knowledge Industry (Korea), National Communications Commission (Taiwan), Office of Science and Technology/Executive Yuan, Ministry of Transport & Communications (Taiwan), Chunghwa Telecom, Far EasTone Telecom, Global Mobile Corp, Vee TIME Telecom, VIBO Telecom, Alcatel-
5. New & Hot issues to be discussed include: TV White Spaces spectrum & Cognitive Radio AKA Super WiFi; Towards 5G: Spectrum Management for IMG-AG; Triple-Play convergence of Telephony, TV and Internet Services or Internet TV as envisioned by a would-be Apple TV or Google TV; Overcoming interconnect issues; Small Cell Rollouts as an Option; Network partnering & OTT business models; Impact of 4G “heterogeneous networks”; Voice over LTE; Launching global LTE roaming; Mobile Cloud in 4G; LTE and WiMAX 2.0 in Japan; WiMAX BTS along Taiwan’s High Speed Rail; M2M in Real-Time; 5G in Korea; Mobile Platform of the Future.
6. Rohde & Schwarz, an international name which has more than 80 years of history will be on hand to demonstrate their expertise in addressing diverse market segments, including wireless communications, the broadcasting and electronics industry, aerospace and defense, homeland security and critical infrastructures.
7. D-Link, a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of advanced networking, broadband, digital, voice and data communications solutions will be showcasing their products at the Forum.
8. Elaborating on the importance of the Forum, Maggie Tan, CEO of Magenta Global said “Wireless infrastructure and broadband networks are vital infrastructure critical to the economic and social development of all economies. We are very pleased to bring together the stakeholders to tackle the operational challenges, the new buzz and what to expect in the months ahead.”
9. The Forum will be held at Sheraton Taipei Hotel.
Magenta Global, Singapore
Ms Merilynn Choo
Tel: +65 6391 2549
About Magenta Global, Singapore - Organizer
Magenta Global is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Central & South America, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public & private sectors. Website: www.magenta-
About ITRI, Industrial Technology Research Institute – Co-Organizer
ITRI has 3 mission statements - to expedite the development of new industrial technology, to aid in the process of upgrading industrial technology techniques & to establish future industrial technology. However, in order to face a new economic era & serving as a nation's premiere technology research institute, ITRI must transform Taiwan's research capability from a “follower”
About Rohde & Schwarz – Gold Sponsor
For nearly 80 years, Rohde & Schwarz has stood for quality, precision and innovation in all fields of wireless communications. The company is strategically based on four pillars: test and measurement, broadcasting, secure communications, radiomonitoring and radiolocation. Thanks to this strategy the company can address diverse market segments, including wireless communications, the broadcasting and electronics industry, aerospace and defense, homeland security and critical infrastructures.
About D-Link - Exhibitor
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid-to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. Through innovative design and cutting edge technology, D-Link has cultivated an award-winning portfolio that includes switches, wireless routers/access points, broadband solutions, storage devices, IP Surveillance systems, and cloud-based network management products. D-Link stands at the forefront of the world marketplace, delivering products that address the needs of our changing world, meeting or exceeding customer expectations in a rapidly evolving and price-sensitive economy. D-Link continues to lead the way in networking and telecommunications technology, providing network operators with the latest LTE solutions for FDD and TDD. These offering complement D-Link’s already successful 3G portfolio of USB dongles, wireless routers, and portable wireless routers (MiFi) sold worldwide.