When thinking about open-source relational databases, many people face dilemma how to choose between two the most popular systems: MySQL and PostgreSQL. Both of them are cross-platform, time proven solutions having a lot of users ranged from individuals and small business to huge corporations. In order to make this choice more easy Intelligent Converters enhanced famous MySQL Migration Toolkit software pack with tools for bi-directional migration between PostgreSQL and MySQL.
What's new in v5.3:
- MySQL-to-PostgreSQL, a program to migrate MySQL data to PostgreSQL server, has been added.
- All versions of PostgreSQL are supported.
- MySQL-to-MSSQL has better support for SQL Server 2010 and 2012.
Other features of MySQL Migration Toolkit:
- All versions of Linux/Unix and Windows MySQL servers are supported.
- All versions of 32- and 64-bit Microsoft SQL servers are supported.
- All versions of 32- and 64-bit Oracle servers hosted on Linux/Unix and Windows platforms are supported.
- Migrates MS Access databases to MySQL server or into a local MySQL dump file. The program can synchronize existing MySQL tables with MS Access data and convert MS Access queries into MySQL views. All versions of MS Access (including 2010) are supported.
- Exports data from DBase/FoxPro/
- Exports data from MS Excel spreadsheets or CSV files to MySQL server or into a local MySQL dump file. Option to refine data types during the conversion process. All versions of MS Excel (including 2010) are supported.
- Migrates MS SQL databases to MySQL server or into a local MySQL dump file. The program can convert views and synchronize existing MySQL tables with MS SQL data.
- Migrates Oracle databases to MySQL server or into a local MySQL dump file. The program can convert views and synchronize existing MySQL tables with Oracle data.
- Exports MySQL databases into MS Access, DBase/FoxPro (*.dbf), MS Excel.
- Migrates MySQL databases to MS SQL and Oracle servers.
- Converts indexes with all necessary attributes and relationships between tables.
- Option to convert partial data using SELECT-queries.
- Supports multibyte character sets.
- Stores conversion settings into profile.
- Command line support allows to script, automate and schedule the conversion process.
Intelligent Converters allow prospective customers to try the product before deciding if they want to buy it. Demo version of MySQL Migration Toolkit converts only five records per table and does not convert views and relationships between tables. It is available to download here:
Free Subscription for Updates
As every Intelligent Converters product, MySQL Migration Toolkit is supplied with one year subscription for updates. It means that customer will get new versions of the software included in MySQL Migration Toolkit for free within one year. Moreover, customer will receive all new utilities for migration from/to MySQL that will be released during the subscription period.
About Intelligent Converters
Intelligent Converters entered the software market in 2001. The company specializes in data conversion techniques. The main goal of our software is to convert data with a minimum loss of information (e.g. formatting properties for text documents or field attributes for databases). Our products are well-known all around the world. It is converters between the most popular databases: DBase (.dbf), Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL and export tools for Adobe PDF to convert data into Microsoft Word, HTML, plain text, Microsoft Excel and XML. All of them combine ease of use with sufficient capacity to guarantee the best quality of the conversion process.