The details of the workshop are as follows:
Bio-ethanol and Bio-diesel Energy (Fuel) Technologies
1. Conventional energy technologies (fossil fuels – coal, crude oil, oil sands, oil shale
and natural gas; and nuclear power);
2. Bio-ethanol and bio-diesel manufacturing;
3. Bio-ethanol and bio-diesel for power generation;
4. Materials for making Ethanol and Bio-diesel:
- Wastes to fuel: Obtaining bio-ethanol and bio-diesel from wastes -Municipal Solid
wastes, used vegetable oils, agricultural wastes etc;
- Energy crops for bio-ethanol and bio-diesel - sugarcane, sugar beets, cereal
crops, cassava, switchgrass, miscanthus; hybrid willows, hybrid poplar, jatropha,
soybean, palm tree fruits, wood or woody materials etc.;
- Wood and Algae
5. Catalysts and Enzymes - Best friends in bio-ethanol and bio-diesel production;
6. Establishing small scale and large scale bio-ethanol and bio-diesel manufacturing plants – Materials, Costs, and Expertise;
7. Development of small scale and large scale power generating plants based on bio-ethanol and bio-diesel – Materials, Cost and Expertise requirements;
8. Implementing Bio-ethanol and bio-diesel in developing countries.
This workshop consists of two days in-door sessions and a possible (optional) technical site tour of a bio-ethanol and/or bio-diesel manufacturing plant in or near Ottawa, ON Canada for participants who would like to attend the tour. Details of the arrangements and cost of the tour will follow later.
Venue: Travelodge Hotel & Conference Centre, 1376 Carling Avenue Ottawa, ON K1Z 7L5 CANADA
Date: October 29-31, 2012; Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
For further details on the workshop and registration details please visit the the official website of this year's workshop: http://www.tlrconsulting.com/