The good things
1. They have built chrome the worlds fastest browser. (windows compared with IE and all standard browsers such as opera, firefox and safari)
2.They are creating a programming language "GO" which is supposed to compile like 'C' and program like 'Java'.
3. They are creating a transmission protocol called SPDY (speedy) that is supposed to make the internet twice as fast. (Which is their final goal.)
4. They are creating Google wave. A new way email is looked at.
The bad things
1. They have built the most insecure browser chrome which does not delete all the cache even though it says so. And flash files sucks in chrome and works best in firefox.
2. They have created google wave which is damn slow in chrome browser and fast enough in other browsers.
3.They created android but forgot how to beat Microsoft windows mobile. If they are aware the OS is still at its downfall.
4. They are creating an OS CHROME which is supposed to be free. WEll so is Linux (ubuntu) But will google provide support cause that is why Windows is still alive. + windows still has the most variety of hardware support.
5. They make every damn thing open source which is frankly is super but should it not be an understandable code with some documentation that too which should be understandable. (Why do not they start like...
this is the architecture
Even a Microsoft header file looks classy.
Good coding by great people is fine but what is the use if you do not have proper docs for it and if a normal programmer takes so much time to grasp it.