- Nov. 29, 2023
-- One of our favorite gifts to give AND receive is the gift of time together to a shared experience. Whether it is their favorite show they have seen numerous times or experiencing a show for the first time, we love the idea of giving tickets to the theater. It can be such a fun family outing, parent/child date night, or grandparent/
grandchildren adventure.Broadway San Diego
is celebrating its 46th season and has a lineup of great shows that are perfect for the family including Disney's ALADDIN, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Peter Pan. We cannot wait!
This past year, we brought our girls to Broadway San Diego for Disney's FROZEN for their first theater experience. And they loved it! We got dressed up and had a mommy and me date night. They have seen the movie numerous times. From seeing their favorite characters "come to life," to singing along, we enjoyed observing them take it all in.
Broadway San Diego has curated a 3-show package that is family-friendly and includes Disney's ALADDIN, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Peter Pan.Here are some of our tips for taking your kids to Broadway San Diego
- Make sure your child can sit for the duration of the show. Unlike watching a movie at home, they won't be able to get up and roam around.
- Choose the right show for your child. We've found it is great when they are familiar with the story or it's a movie/story that they love.
- Pick the showtime that is a good fit for your child and family's schedule. Evening shows can run into bedtime for younger theater goers.
- Matinees tend to have more families and children, which can be helpful when introducing your child to theater.
- Talk about expected theater behavior before you go, like using quiet voices and not being able to talk the entire time.
- If the show is based on a movie or book, explain how it might be a little different as a theater production.
- There are booster seats available. Ask the ushers to help you
For more, visit https://familyentourage.com