- Nov. 14, 2023
-- Remus Horse Sanctuary will be taking part in this year's global day of giving on Tuesday 28 November 2023
This Giving Tuesday 2023, the charity has produced a list of ideas on how people can help them – whether it's by giving time or money, donating or buying something, or campaigning for their #BornToDie initiative.
Giving Tuesday is one day to make a world of difference and all Sue Burton and her team are asking is for you to do something: https://www.remussanctuary.org/
Sue Burton, Founder of Remus Horse Sanctuary said: "If you haven't already got your Giving Tuesday 'something' planned, here are ten ideas to help you make a difference!
- Browse wish lists. There's always something Remus need, whether it's food for the animals, treats or medical supplies.
- Fundraise. This year Remus have been celebrating their 40th anniversary. Have you signed up to their 40th Anniversary Challenge?
- Write to your MP. Earlier this year Remus launched their #BornToDie campaign. Please write to your MP and ask for change.
- Give some money. Make a donation to Remus to help them through the winter months.
- Charity Christmas cards. Buy your Christmas cards from their online charity shop this year, or donate the cost of the cards and postage instead.
- Sign up to Give as you Live. Give as you Live Online generates charitable giving from your everyday shopping and enables you to raise money every time you shop online – from groceries, fashion, gifts and holidays! Visit https://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/rmhs
- Volunteer. You may not be able to give your time regularly, but perhaps you can help out at the odd event.
- Give a charity gift this year as a present. Visit their online charity shop, they have lots of charity gifts to choose from, or why not surprise someone by sponsoring one of their animals as a truly unique gift.
- Become a member. Your Membership is hugely important to the Sanctuary, the financial support is a major source of income and provides funds to enable them to continue to feed and care for the animals. It also supports welfare work across the wider horse community in Essex and beyond.
- Talk about Giving Tuesday. Tell your family and friends about Giving Tuesday, challenge them to do something on the day. Together we can make a world of difference. #GivingTuesday
"Don't forget to share your 'something' on social media, use the #GivingTuesday hashtag and please tag Remus Horse Sanctuary too."
For further information, visit www.remussanctuary.org
or contact Sue Burton on tel: 01277 356191.
Note to Editors: The link to 'find your MP' is: https://members.parliament.uk/