- Nov. 6, 2023
-- Today after visiting our nation's southern border, Veteran and Republican Congressional candidate Joe Earley (R-WV2) announced his 20 point plan to end the problem of illegal immigration.
"From what I witnessed we have no borders. Illegal aliens are flowing over our borders and no one is stopping them. President Biden has failed to protect our county. Congress needs to take action," said Earley. "Today I am announcing my comprehensive plan to once and for all fix our borders. Of course, it starts with building a wall, but just as important is to end any incentive for an illegal to cross into our country or overstay their visa."
Earley's plan to end illegal immigration:
- Building the wall,
- No federal government payouts to illegal immigrants,
- End the catch and release program that allows criminal illegal immigrants back on to our streets,
- Increasing funding for ICE,
- End birthright citizenship for babies born to parents who are illegally in the United States,
- End chain migration for non-immediate family members,
- Hold back federal funding for sanctuary states and cities,
- End the abuse of asylum claims,
- Prohibit taxpayer dollars from paying for attorneys for illegal immigrants,
- End the visa lottery system.
- Prohibit illegal aliens from receiving taxpayer-funded benefits such as health care, welfare and housing,
- Increasing penalties on businesses that purposely hire illegal aliens,
- Requiring mandatory employer verification,
- Re-evaluate criteria for refugee status,
- Strengthen background checks on visas,
- Withhold certain federal funds for states that allow illegal immigrants to get drivers' licenses,
- End visa overstays,
- Increase penalties for human trafficking,
- Increase funds for courts dealing with deportation disputes, and deny false asylum claims access to our courts, and
- Enact merit-based immigration reform to expedite naturalization process.
"President Biden and Vice President Harris should be on the border seeing what is happening. I fear for how many terrorists have crossed into our country due to these open borders," said Earley who just got back from Eagle Pass, Texas. "We need a Congressman who will make border security a top priority. I am the only candidate with a plan and who has traveled to the border first hand to see the problem."
Earley is the only candidate in West Virginia's Second District to go to the frontlines of the border crisis.Images From Earley's Trip Examining the Border CrisisVeteran Joe Earley