Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Popular Places in Everest - Himaklayan Asia Treks
Best places to see in Everest Base Camp Treks are Kathmandu to Lukla flight, Namche Bazar, Tengboche Monastery, Everest Base Camp, Kala Patthhar.
By: Himalayan Asia Treks
The Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most popular and iconic treks in the world. Along the trekking route, there are several notable places that trekkers typically visit. Here are some popular places in the Everest Base Camp Trek:
1. Lukla: Lukla is the starting point of the Everest Base Camp Trek. It is a small mountain town with a unique airstrip known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport. Most trekkers fly into Lukla from Kathmandu to begin their journey.
2. Namche Bazaar: Namche Bazaar is a vibrant Sherpa town and a popular acclimatization spot. It is situated at an altitude of around 3,440 meters (11,286 feet) and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Trekkers usually spend a day or two in Namche Bazaar to acclimatize to the high altitude.
3. Tengboche: Tengboche is a picturesque village located at an elevation of approximately 3,860 meters (12,664 feet). It is famous for its Buddhist monastery, Tengboche Monastery, which is the largest monastery in the Khumbu region. The monastery offers breathtaking views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam.
4. Dingboche: Dingboche is another acclimatization stop along the Everest Base Camp Trek. It sits at an altitude of around 4,410 meters (14,469 feet) and provides trekkers with stunning panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. The village is also known for its stone-walled fields and traditional Sherpa houses.
5. Lobuche: Lobuche is a small settlement situated at an elevation of approximately 4,940 meters (16,207 feet). It serves as a common stopover point before reaching Everest Base Camp. From Lobuche, trekkers can take a side trip to the Everest Memorial Site, which commemorates climbers who lost their lives on Everest.
6. Gorak Shep: Gorak Shep is the last inhabited village before reaching Everest Base Camp. It is located at an altitude of around 5,164 meters (16,942 feet). Most trekkers stay overnight in Gorak Shep and then hike to Everest Base Camp the next day.
7. Everest Base Camp: The ultimate destination of the trek, Everest Base Camp, sits at an altitude of approximately 5,364 meters (17,598 feet). It is the starting point for climbers attempting to summit Mount Everest. Trekkers can enjoy breathtaking views of the Khumbu Icefall and surrounding Himalayan peaks.
These are just a few of the popular places along the Everest Base Camp Trek. The entire trekking route offers spectacular natural beauty, unique Sherpa culture, and awe-inspiring views of the world's highest mountains.
Himalayan Asia Treks and Expedition P Ltd