Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Car Rental Costs in Europe Witness a 15% Dip this Year
The prices of small rental cars at various locations have decreased 15.4% this year.
After years of steady increases, this year brings a more budget-friendly car rental option. The prices of small rental cars on location have decreased 15.4% this year. Looking at a span of five years, the overall increase is still significant, with an average rise of 60.7%.
In 2023, we finally see a decrease in prices, as revealed by FerryGoGo's research (https://ferrygogo.com/
But let's delve into the specifics. What exactly are you paying for when renting a small car for a day?
Data scrutinized by FerryGoGo highlights the following key points:
- Average rental car prices have dropped by 15.4% compared to 2022.
- Nonetheless, over the past five years (2019 - 2023), rental car prices have still increased by an average of 60.7%.
- Back in 2019, you'd pay around €57 for a day's rental, and while this climbed to a maximum of €108 in 2022, it's now reduced to €91.50 in 2023.
- In destinations like Spain, rental prices have taken a substantial hit, dropping nearly 32%, from €101 to €69.
- France has seen a decrease of about 11% compared to 2022.
- In the UK, there's an almost 9% decrease compared to 2022, which translates to around €10 per day. However, when compared to 5 years ago, the increase is still a noteworthy 102%.
- For a small rental car this summer, you're looking at approximately €95 in the examined French cities, €120 in Norway, €69 in Spain, and €98 in the UK.
- In Dublin, Ireland, prices have plummeted by 44%, from a substantial €184 in 2022 to a more reasonable €103 this year.
- For the Netherlands, scrutiny was placed on prices in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, showcasing respective drops of 25% and 29%.
- Across other examined countries and locations, average prices mostly range between €70 and €100 for a small rental car per day during the peak season.
The cities included in this research are mainly popular vacation destinations, islands, and/or port cities accessible by ferry. With on-location rental car prices, holidaymakers can weigh the option of bringing their car versus renting on-site.
Last year's research revealed that prices] increased by 132% over five years. Thus, the reduction in the price surge to 'only' 60.7% is a welcome development for renters.
Attached the iframes
FerryGoGo.com - Jan Willem van Tilburg