Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
For International Joke Day (7/1) Here are some jokes about News, Public Relations & Advertising
Here are some jokes about the News Business, some jokes about Public Relations and some jokes about Advertising. Plus, a poem about News called "Slow News Day"
HERE IS A POEM YOU CAN POST IN YOUR NEWSROOM (OR AT LEAST IN THE BATHROOM)...It's called...
"SLOW NEWS DAY"
Copyright 2017, Robert M. Barrows
I was scanning the wires for news
and I couldn't find nothing...
No killings, no wars, no fires,
no thefts, no car crashes,
not even some liars.
Nothing to write about,
not even bad weather...
I can't believe nothing bad happened...
Maybe tomorrow will be better?
(Add your verses here)…
NOW…FOR SOME JOKES:
1) IS PRINT DEAD?
When people ask me if print is dead, I tell them "Wait until some newspaper writes something bad about you, you'll think everyone in the world saw that article."
2) When I meet with a potential client and they ask me about my fees for various public relations services, I tell them that there are basically two types of public relations services:
Trying to get your name into the news, and trying to keep your name out of the news.
If they want me to try to keep their name out of the news, I tell them that will cost a lot more.
3) Now, regarding measuring the effectiveness of Public Relations Services…
One of the traditional ways to measure your public relations efforts is to try to track how much coverage you got.
If you are trying to measure the effectiveness of Crisis Public Relations efforts, there are two main numbers to look at:
A) How much restitution did the company have to pay?
B) How many years did the executives get in jail.
In each case, the lower the number the better."
NOW, FOR SOME JOKES ABOUT THE SLIPPERY SLOPE OF "NATIVE ADVERTISING"
1) How much do I have to pay for page one?
2) To whom should I write out the check, or would you prefer it in cash?
3) If I am advertising a movie, how much do I have to pay for a good review?
4) If I am a politician, how much will it take for you to endorse me?
5) Whom do I call, the Editor, the Publisher or the Sales Manager?
You can see some more of my jokes in a book I wrote called "Crazy Robert's Joke Book" and you can see some more of my poetry in two books of poetry I wrote called "Crazy Robert's Poems and Potential Song Lyrics" and "Crazy Robert's More Great Poems and Potential Song Lyrics."
You can download the books for a dollar each on Amazon.