Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Fort Myers Community Concert Association Announces 2024 Season
Tickets are now on sale for the five-performance season, which organizers say brings the best in symphony orchestras, song and dance to Southwest Florida. All performances will be at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall on the Florida SouthWestern State College campus in Fort Myers.
"We are so happy to continue with a full slate of performances for our 2024 season," said Community Concert Association President Mary Lee Mann. "Community Concert Association members and guests will love seeing the Kyiv Virtuosi Symphony Orchestra from the Ukraine as well as our other artists from around the world."
All five concerts are included in one ticket price, which ranges from $165 for prime orchestra and mezzanine seats to $155 for other orchestra and mezzanine seats, $85 for lower balcony seating and just $65 for upper balcony. There is limited $165 orchestra seating still available, Mann said.
For membership information, visit www.fortmyerscommunityconcerts.org or email MLMannConcerts@
The five performances all begin at 7:30 p.m.:
● Canadian Brass – January 7, 2024. The group has received a combined total of 24 Grammy and Juno nominations and played Carnegie Hall, toured China and performed before five prime ministers.
● Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra – January 16, 2024. The Philharmonic's repertoire comprises works from the entire historically available range of music from classical to contemporary opuses, including performances of numerous works by Bulgarian composers.
● Great Voices from Opera to Broadway – February 5, 2024. Concerto Soloists Internationale returns to the Community Concert Association with all new music, featuring popular highlights from grand opera to Broadway to pop performed by international soloists from four continents with a live on-stage orchestra and an emcee.
● Barcelona Flamenco Ballet – March 7, 2024. Known for its outstanding and unforgettable productions, the Barcelona Flamenco Ballet offers an innovative combination of both traditional and more modern and contemporary flamenco dance.
● Kyiv Virtuosi Symphony Orchestra – March 19, 2024. During this year's "Tour of Freedom," the orchestra will be joined by MultiPiano, a unique piano ensemble ranging from one piano with four hands to several pianos in a variety of multi-hand combinations.
The Fort Myers Community Concert Association, now in its 74th concert season, is an all-volunteer not-for-profit organization founded by the legendary Barbara B. Mann in 1949 to bring world-class entertainment to Southwest Florida at affordable prices. The association consists of more than 1,200 members, underwriters and sponsors.
Susan Bennett Marketing & Media, L.C.