Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Flow state - basic principles IIINTEGRIIITY Agency
The term "flow" was initially used by psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi in the 1970s. Csikszentmihalyi researched artists, musicians, and athletes to determine what led to their peak performance. Even if the activity was difficult, he discovered that when people were in a state of flow, they expressed a profound sense of fulfillment and satisfaction.
Understanding the elements of flow is crucial for understanding it. The elements of flow that Csikszentmihalyi identified are as follows:
1) Well defined objectives: An objective gives one direction and emphasis.
2) Feedback: Quick feedback encourages performance adjustments and skill development.
3) The task at hand must be demanding enough to keep attention high but not so difficult that it becomes unmanageable.
4) Full concentration:
5) Control: It's critical to feel in control of the task at hand. This entails having self-assurance and being capable of managing the circumstance.
6) Lack of self-consciousness:
7) Time perception: When a person is in a state of flow, time seems to move fast or even stop.
From business and athletics to art and music, a variety of activities can induce a state of flow. The secret is to choose a task that is difficult but manageable and offers quick feedback.
Also, a variety of advantages are linked to flow, such as enhanced productivity, increased creativity, and less stress. Anybody can achieve the condition of optimal experience and enhance their wellbeing by learning the elements of flow and actively seeking out activities that promote flow.
Csikszentmihalyi suggests the following actions to attain flow:
1) Determine your objectives and passions.
2) Choose a venture that fits your objectives and passions.
3) Specify the activity's goals in detail.
4) Pay attention to what is going on and concentrate.
5) Do away with diversion.
6) Set goals for yourself by striking the ideal balance between the task's difficulty and your skill level.
7) Get input and make corrections.
8) Be dedicated to the task at hand and keep practicing.
We at IIINTEGRIIITY Agency also use breathing practices for entry into the flow state. And very well it helps us a breathing method of Wim Hof. More information about this technique you can find on his official YouTube Channel.
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse
Page Updated Last on: Apr 01, 2023