Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Addressing energy access a key discussion point at Enlit Africa in Cape Town in May
By: Enlit Africa
"We believe that the issue of energy access cannot be ignored," says the event's content director Claire Volkwyn, adding: "with figures predicting that between 700 million and 900 million are currently without energy access in Africa, this is a crisis that must be addressed."
Africa at energy intersection
"Africa has arrived at an intersection between affordability, reliability and access to power", Volkwyn states; "while this position presents incredible opportunities and inspires innovation, at the same time, it also creates some tension, particularly regarding the SDGs and the energy transition".
"But there is also lot to celebrate" Volkwyn says, "and we will share many success stories and showcase new innovations. This year's programme features an incredible line-up of experts from across the African continent who will share their winning strategies and projects with the 5000+ expected delegates and visitors. Another huge vote of the confidence in Africa's energy sector will be the exciting and vibey expo floor with 250 suppliers of expert technologies and services, including country pavilions from Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, Taiwan and the USA.
Some of Africa's leading lights in the energy sector who will speak at Enlit Africa in May include:
- Edson Uamusse, Fundo de Energia (FUNAE), Mozambique
- Geoffrey Muli, Managing Director, Kenya Power, Kenya
- Jennifer Baldwin, Transmission & Distribution Team Lead, USAID, Power Africa, RSA
- Kellie Murungi, Chief Investment Officer, East African Power, Kenya
- Mandy Rambharos, VP: Global Climate, Corporation, Environmental, Defense Fund, USA (formerly of Eskom's Just Energy Transition Office)
- Mercy W. Wairua, Legal Counsel – Energy Project Finance and Infrastructure, Lion's Head Global Partners, Kenya
- Patrick Agese, Chief Executive Officer, PAMAfrica, Nigeria
- Sumaya Mahomed, Energy consultant, Uganda
- William Brent, Chief Marketing Officer: Executive to Expand Rural Energy Services, Husk Power Systems, Kenya
- Ziria Tibalwa Waako, CEO, Electricity Regulatory Authority, Uganda
As a longstanding must-attend date on the annual energy industry calendar, Enlit Africa is once again sponsored by leading technology and services providers, including ACTOM, G3-PLC Alliance, Conlog, Elsewedy Electric, Prime Alliance and South Pole.
Enlit Africa is organised by VUKA Group.
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse