ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla.
- March 16, 2023
-- The St. Johns County Education Foundation, which operates as Investing in Kids (INK!), announces the launch of a new online scholarship application portal for local seniors attending public high schools. Visit apply.ink-stjohns.org for eligibility requirements and criteria under the Senior Scholarship tab. A student may submit a single application online for multiple scholarship opportunities. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 5.
Scholarships available to graduating seniors include:
- Dr. Wayne Hartley Memorial Scholarship For The Academies with up to six awards in the amount of $1,000 each, available to two graduating seniors from each of three local high schools including Allan D. Nease High School, St. Augustine High School, and Pedro Menendez High School.
- Jack Hamilton Wheeler Scholarship with three total scholarships in the amounts of $2,000, $1,500, and $1,000 awards to students pursuing college or vocational school.
- Laurie Bennett Ellis Scholarship offers one scholarship to a student majoring in education at a two-year or four-year college or university. For the Class of 2023, the scholarship award has been increased to $1,250 by the Ellis Family.
- David Toner Scholarship awards one $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior in St. Johns County who plans to attend Florida State University in the fall of 2023.
- Tucker McCarty Health Science Scholarship provides one $1,000 scholarship to a student graduating from the Flagler Health+ Academy of Medical and Health Careers at Pedro Menendez High School.
- MacDonald Family Education Scholarship will award one $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior from Bartram Trail High School enrolling in college to pursue a degree in education.
- Lieutenant Colonel Sally MacDonald Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior who is an active member of a Junior Reserve Officer's Training Corps (JROTC) program in a St. Johns County public school providing one year of tuition equal to 30 credit hours at a Florida public state college.
- Investing in Kids Jumpstart Scholarships with up to ten need-based scholarships awarded with the value equal to one year of tuition, 30 credit hours at a Florida state college.
For more information or to request a paper scholarship application form, contact Jim Wheeler, INK! Director of Operations and Students Programs, at (904) 547-7121 or email James.Wheeler@
stjohns.k12.fl.us. For more information, visit the website at www.ink-stjohns.org.