- Feb. 21, 2023
-- Southern California was hit hard by the rain this winter. Near Ojai, more than 17 inches of rain fell in a single day in January, almost reaching the average amount of rain Ventura County gets per year (Ojai Valley News). Santa Barbara received just over 7 inches of rain during a storm in mid-December, a little bit less than half of the average amount of rain per year (Santa Barbara County Public Works Department). When natural disasters strike, homeowners and businesses need help to get back on their feet and repairs underway. PODS® Local offers help to minimize the hassle of clean-up and restoration with on-site containers and flexible scheduling.
Here are 5 tips from PODS that you can implement to keep your belongings safe for a seamless restoration project:
- Manage the mess – Clear the way for your restoration project so you can stay calm and organized without extra clutter.
- Work with trusted local restoration companies that have solutions to your needs, including clean-up, on-site storage solutions, and clear timelines for your restoration project.
- Skip the hassles – PODS brings the portable storage container to your project site, so you don't have to worry about transporting your belongings. Load and unload at your own pace.
- Have easy access to your items – Keep your belongings, materials, or equipment out of the way but close by and easily accessible.
- Protect your belongings – Keep your items in steel-framed, weather-resistant PODS containers. You own the lock, so you're the only one with the key.
"During a natural disaster, people need convenient and accessible storage to help with the restoration process," said Steve Yapp, owner of PODS Local Moving & Storage. "Emotions run high after disasters and handling restoration projects can be overwhelming. PODS aims to provide solutions and reduce tension in an already stressful situation."