News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Ann Arbor Chiropractor Can Correct Poor Posture
By: Thatcher Chiropractic & Laser
Are you losing sleep because you can't seem to find a comfortable position?
The problem could be poor posture.
With some adjustments in your environment and easy exercises, you can have good posture that supports your overall health and wellbeing. Your chiropractor can help.
Here are some tips for getting and maintaining good posture:
1. Adjust your workspace – If you sit at work all day, make sure your workspace is set up to support good posture. Your computer monitor should be at eye-level, your feet flat on the floor, and your knees level with or slightly lower than your hips. You may need to adjust the height of your monitor or chair.
2. Stretch every day – Stiff muscles can contribute to poor posture. Maintain your balance, flexibility, and strength by stretching every day. You'll feel the difference! If you're seated at a computer during the day, don't neglect your chest and shoulders. Stretch your chest by standing in a doorway with your arms raised in a Y position and resting on the frame. Lean forward gently to stretch your chest and shoulders.
3. Do core strength exercises – Strong core muscles support good posture. Exercises like planks, sit-ups, and crunches can help you get stronger and correct poor posture.
4. Stand tall – When standing, keep your spine straight, head level, and shoulders back. Try to keep your weight more on the balls of your feet than on your heels. If you stand for long periods, shift your weight periodically.
5. Search for a "chiropractor near me" (https://www.drthatcher.com/
Poor posture can be a result of back, neck, and shoulder pain, but it can also cause back, neck, and shoulder pain. Whether your pain or your poor posture came first, Thatcher Chiropractic & Laser can help.
To make an appointment, call 734-663-2300 or contact them on their website.
About Thatcher Chiropractic & Laser: Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Thatcher Chiropractic & Laser's mission is to change lives by relieving pain. Dr. Bill Thatcher has been serving the Ann Arbor community in the same location for 36 years and is an expert using the Activator method of adjustment. Thatcher Chiropractic & Laser believes in fast, friendly, affordable care that takes walk-ins, has minimal paperwork, leverages the best technology, and treats their patients with love and respect. For attentive, compassionate care, visit https://www.drthatcher.com/
Thatcher Chiropractic & Laser
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse