OAK BROOK, Ill.
- Jan. 27, 2023
-- Prairie Capital Advisors, Inc. ("Prairie"), a leading middle-market investment bank, released its ESOP Construction Industry Survey today. Prairie works with owners of private construction businesses across the country, providing advisory services to support their growth and ownership transition strategies. Many of its clients in the construction industry have decided on an ESOP as part of their ownership transition strategy. Prairie's goal in surveying ESOP-owned construction companies is to gather insightful feedback and to gain a better understanding of industry benchmarks, trends and other meaningful market factors impacting them.Selected Findings
- 75.6% of survey respondents report that they experienced labor shortages in 2022.
- 46.7% of companies surveyed said that within the current environment, their ESOP has not been impacted.
- 100.0% of survey respondents reported at least some increase in employee wages in 2022.
- 84.4% of companies surveyed stated that they're an S-Corp, compared to a C-Corp.
- 64.4% of survey respondents said that they anticipate a recession in 2023.
- 88.9% of survey respondents reported they plan making investments in 2023, key investments being additional employees, equipment, training and technology.
"Having worked with many ESOP construction companies throughout the U.S. and over the years, we're excited to share insightful industry trends impacting our ESOP construction clients," commented Franco Silva (https://www.prairiecap.com/team/franco-silva
), Director at Prairie. Rocky Fiore (https://www.prairiecap.com/team/rocky-fiore
), Chief Operating Officer, added, "This survey allowed our team to develop a greater understanding of the relationship between construction activity, ESOPs and the problems that have occurred within the supply chain. The survey results will provide our construction clients with improved visibility across the industry with possibly uncertainties in the future."
View the report results (https://go.prairiecap.com/
2020.pdf).About Prairie's ESOP Construction Industry Survey
Respondents to the survey were of varying demographics, including revenue size, services provided, end markets served and the maturity of their ESOP. The report discusses how the industry performed in 2022, the influence of the market on ESOPs, some specific effects of supply chain issues on Prairie clients and the outlook for 2023.About Prairie Capital Advisors
Prairie offers investment banking, ESOP advisory, valuations and opinions and financial reporting valuations to support the growth and ownership transition strategies of middle-market companies. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, the company is a leading advisor to closely-held companies nationwide. For more information, visit www.prairiecap.com.