- Jan. 5, 2023
-- Dental implants in Bristol can be a great solution for missing teeth, but it's not uncommon for patients to experience pain and swelling after the procedure. Here are some simple ways to manage this discomfort:
- Take over-the-counter pain medication as directed by your dentist. Ibuprofen or acetaminophen can help reduce pain and swelling.
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to reduce swelling. Apply the ice pack to your cheek in 20-minute intervals for the first 48 hours after the procedure.
- Eat soft, bland foods that are easy to chew and swallow. Avoid spicy, acidic, or hard foods that can irritate the implant site.
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing gently around the implant site. This will help prevent infection and promote healing.
- Avoid strenuous activities or exercise that could cause additional swelling or discomfort.
If you're experiencing severe pain or swelling, or if you notice any unusual symptoms, it's important to contact your dentist near you at Admire Dental-Bristol as soon as possible. They can provide additional guidance and support to help you manage your discomfort and ensure the best possible recovery.
Consult with us to know more: https://admiredentalbristol.com/