Why You Should Sell Your House During the Holidays
It's the most wonderful time of the year…to put your home on the market! That's right, if you're thinking of selling your house, there's no time like the present—specifically, the holiday season.
By: Open Doors Realty NJ
The Advantages of Selling During the Holidays
1. Less competition. Although there are typically fewer buyers during the holidays, that doesn't mean there aren't any at all. In fact, because there is less competition from other sellers, your house is more likely to stand out. Buyers who are looking for a new home during the holidays are generally serious about their search, so they're more likely to receive offers from qualified buyers.
2. More flexible buyers. Because many people are busy with work and family commitments during the week, they often have more free time on weekends to go house hunting. This means that showing your home during the holidays is actually more convenient for potential buyers than it would be at other times of the year.
3. Economic benefits. Not only does selling during the holidays give you a head start on next year's real estate market, but it can also provide some much-needed extra cash during a time when many people are spending money on gifts and travel.
4. Increased interest from out-of-town buyers. If you live in a desirable location—say, near a beach or ski resort—you may find that you receive more interest from out-of-town buyers who are in town visiting family and friends for the holidays. These buyers may be more willing to make an offer sight unseen because they're already familiar with and interested in your area.
5. A festive atmosphere. One of the best things about selling during the holidays is that you get to show off your home in its best light—literally!
Contact Open Doors Realty About Selling Your Home During the Holidays