- Sept. 8, 2022
-- For the manufacturing of tanks it is of the utmost importance to use high-quality plates in carbon or stainless steel
that ensure a higher tensile strength and to have a production line able to guarantee the repeatability of all the components and to reduce:
- the ovality tolerance to the very minimum of the rolled shell, so that the same roundness is then obtained in the heads spun on the flanging machine;
- the mistakes inherent to manual fitting.
Keeping this in mind, Faccin Group
, leader in the metal plates forming machines industry, has included on its machines a top of the range CNC system, that allows to obtain complex shapes, manage automated handling systems and give an answer to the most demanding challenges associated with the rolling of extra-long plates.A typical automatic tank production line
consists of a CNC 4-roll plate roll equipped with a feeding table, lateral and top support, a CNC controlled dishing press with automated manipulator and a CNC flanging machine.
Faccin Group's solution allows many different benefits:
- all axis of the machines can be operated simultaneously;
- sensors, applied to monitor the hydraulic valves, are able to elaborate a signal to correct the required amount of oil for each axis action;
- reduce the energy consumption and the emission: the main rotation of the flanging machine is electric to reduce energy consumption and to extend the RPMs of the main shaft. This higher speed eliminates the need for costly plastering, which has a negative impact on the environment.
- there is a total control of the forming process, thanks to an updated design and a rebuilt PLC software: this allows to reduce the plate thinning, keep control on the tank weight, obtain a better uniformity and have an absolute position control;
- the flanging operation can be done in cold or warm forming: Faccin's range of flanging machines is the widest in the market and includes all types of machine configuration to make heads with or without the center hole;
- the height of the flanging machine is generally extended: this facilitates the loading and unloading of the maximum head diameter, and the flanging of cones with vertical axis on a special dedicated tool, a rotary platform.
Do you want to discover more about this technology? Visit Faccin Group's stands
(Hall 11 Stand D07) and Fabtech
(booth B8129) and website: https://www.faccingroup.com/brands/faccin/