Women Veterans Engage Sept. 9-10, 2022
- Aug. 26, 2022
-- Women veterans, active duty, guard, and reserve are invited to attend Women Veterans Engage
designed to inspire and motivate with professional development and personal growth programming and speakers. The two-day event will begin Friday, September 9, at events across the United States and feature a live broadcast on site and online for thousands of women veterans on Saturday, September 10.
"We're going to kick off Women Veterans Engage on Friday night, in person, at locations
in California, Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Maryland, Texas, and Missouri," said Melissa A. Washington, founder and CEO of Women Veterans Alliance, "and on Saturday, I will join four powerhouse speakers in a live broadcast."
- Col. Merryl Tengesdal (Ret.) is the first and only African American woman to fly the United States Air Force's U-2 spy plane.
- Keara Torkelson is an Army Reserve Veteran who is passionate about breaking the stigma surrounding trauma and mental health. She is a survivor of the 2009 mass shooting at Fort Hood.
- Michele S Jones is the first woman to reach the position of Command Sergeant Major of the U.S. Army Reserve. She is Vice-President of Training at Civility Management Solutions
- Sandy Adams, Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Ret. Ambassador for Military Women's Memorial
- Melissa A. Washington is a proud Navy Veterans and the CEO and Founder of Women Veterans Alliance.
Proceeds from Women Veterans Engage will benefit local nonprofit organizations. For registration information and to find the nearest location visit www.womenveteransengage.comAbout Women Veterans Alliance
Women Veterans Alliance is a woman, disabled veteran owned small business, that was founded in 2015, by Melissa A. Washington. Melissa is a Navy Veteran who saw a need to bring women veterans together to equip, empower and encourage each other. Women Veterans Alliance reaches out to women veterans, and those transitioning out of the military, and connects them with the training, tools, support, and resources to discover and advance their career path and connect women vets with each other.