Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Many solutions exist to be repaired serenely in the event of a problem
Several solutions can be offered in the event of a car breakdown: car breakdown service, car repair, body repair, car painting, etc.
No one is safe from mechanical breakdown when they travel thousands of kilometers at the wheel of their vehicle. The motorist may be confronted with any technical failure of his car. In most cases, he will have to call an auto mechanic to provide auto repairs.
Depending on the nature of the breakdown, the repairman can:
Carry out the repair on site: when the breakdown is minor and does not require the replacement of automobile parts;
tow the vehicle to a garage: if the diagnosis reveals a major fault which justifies disassembly and the replacement of parts.
Assistance: a frequent insurance service
Most insurance companies offer car breakdown assistance. The conditions for benefiting from it vary from one insurance to another. The car breakdown cover may include the following services:
- Option with mileage deductible or option without mileage deductible;
- loan of a courtesy vehicle when the broken down car is immobilized for several days;
- reimbursement of towing costs during an auto breakdown service on the motorway;
- payment of accommodation costs when the vehicle can be repaired in the days following the breakdown, if this occurs in a geographical area far from the home;
- reimbursement of return transport costs for the driver and passengers when the vehicle is immobilized for a long time in the workshop, pending repair.
Before auto repair: advice in the event of a breakdown
When a car breakdown occurs, it is important to apply a few simple rules for safety reasons, both on the road and on the motorway:
- turn on your hazard warning lights;
- if possible, park your vehicle on the shoulder or on the hard shoulder of the motorway so as not to obstruct traffic;
- put on a safety vest: this applies to all passengers in the vehicle;
- have passengers get off from the right side of the vehicle;
- position the warning triangle about 30 meters behind the broken down vehicle, unless this action constitutes a danger for the driver as provided for by law;
- call the repairman either by using a mobile phone or by going to the nearest emergency stop terminal in order to be located more easily on the motorway;
- wait for the repairman, moving as far away from the road as possible: on the motorway, passengers and drivers must stay behind the guardrails.
Check our website :
+33756 88 03 28
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse