The Gilbert Law Firm Files Washington's First RICO Medical Malpractice Class Action Lawsuit

The Gilbert Law Firm Files Washington's First RICO Medical Malpractice Class Action Lawsuit Against Providence Health & Services Washington, Dr. Jason Dreyer, and Dr. Daniel Elskens
By: Gilbert Law Firm
SPOKANE, Wash. - May 20, 2022 - PRLog -- Contact: Bill Gilbert of The Gilbert Law Firm
Cell: 509-710-6554

Last month, the U.S. Department of Justice resolved a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against Providence Health and Services Washington. That lawsuit involved allegations that Providence neurosurgeons were conducting unnecessary and overly complex spine surgeries to increase profit margins for Providence which in turn increased bonuses for the surgeons; who were pocketing $2.5 million a year as a result of the scheme.

Providence allowed both doctors to resign after being placed on administrative leave, but failed to take any action to report them. Because these surgeons were allowed to move on and work for another hospital, their practices of conducting unnecessary surgeries continued.

Now, victims of these fraudulent treatments have filed a class action lawsuit with the help of Spokane's Gilbert Law Firm – the first Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) medical malpractice lawsuit ever filed in Washington.

The suit identifies the patients and their families impacted by the negligent, violative, unethical, and fraudulent treatment practices of Dr. Jason A. Dreyer, D.O., and Dr. Daniel Elskens, D.O. under the direct authority of Providence Health and Services Washington. Additionally, these practices were fraudulently concealed from the Plaintiffs for the Defendants' financial gain, in violation of the law.

"When greed interferes with quality care, we all suffer. The United States is a world leader in medical research and patient care. 98% of our physicians are brilliant, caring, patient advocates … the other 2% - that dark side of the profession … are destroying lives."

Attorney Bill Gilbert is available for comment upon request. Contact information is listed above.

More about The Gilbert Law Firm:

Bill Gilbert knows that some events transform our lives irreparably. For Bill, once the fight for justice begins, winning is the only option on the table. Bill has a reputation as a tenacious litigator and is known for taking on and winning cases that other lawyers refuse to take. Bill has helped clients faced with the most difficult times in their life. And his successes have made an impact beyond his clients' individual interests, forcing changes and having a positive impact on society at large. (

Gilbert Law Firm
Bill Gilbert
Source:Gilbert Law Firm
Tags:Dr. Jason Dreyer
Location:Spokane - Washington - United States
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Conversations PRs
Trending News
Most Viewed
Top Daily News

Like PRLog?
Click to Share