News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Central Pennsylvania Logging Company Offers Certified Playground Mulch
A.M. Logging discusses installation and maintenance of playground mulch for Central Pennsylvania properties.
By: A.M. Logging
When purchasing mulch for your playground it's important to choose IPEMA certified playground mulch. The International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA) provides a third-party certification to ensure product conformance and that it meets the highest of standards. A great playground requires fun equipment and safe surfacing for creativity to blossom in a safe environment. The IPEMA Certification Seal means that a supplier conforms to the play industry's highest standards for safety. A.M. Logging they supply IPEMA certified playground mulch for Central Pennsylvania establishments and look forward to supplying you with the high quality mulch you need.
Here are a few things to keep in mind for the proper installation and maintenance of your playground mulch:
1. A.M. Logging recommends using the services of a qualified engineer or landscape architect when installing your surfacing material.
2. A depth of 14"-15" of material will be needed to reach a compacted depth of 12". The 12" depth will need to be monitored regularly to insure the required 12" compacted depth that is required.
3. To ensure proper drainage a minimum grade of 1% - 1-1/2% of drop needs to be established.
4. Drainage stone approximately 2-3 inches should be installed along with drainage fabric.
5. If required, any containment systems should now be put into place and secured.
6. Twelve inches of wood fiber may now be brought in and installed.
7. Once installed, inspect and remove any foreign matter that has accumulated on the fiber (daily).
8. Rake level any spots where surfacing has been disturbed (weekly).
9. Dig down into the surfacing and measure the depth to ensure the necessary material is still
A.M. Logging is proud to serve Central Pennsylvania with premium services and quality products while keeping their environmental impact to a minimum. They work with each client to determine their goals and work out a plan to accomplish the project, whether that's clearing land, harvesting trees or building roads. To learn more about A.M. Logging's services and to see examples of their work, visit their website at https://www.amlogging.com/