- March 28, 2022
-- Rethink carbon offset
Our mission is to stop climate change - effectively and quickly - and we're rethinking verified carbon offsets as a mechanism to become truly carbon-neutral ASAP. Our initial target markets include:
- Aviation - Commercial airline passengers can offset their flights for just €14.25/hour flown. Business jet users can offset their flights, based on fuel consumption per hour.
- Technology businesses - Server farms and software development can be made to operate on a carbon-neutral basis in near real-time. One metric tonne of CO2 can be offset for €250.
- Consumer businesses - Sustainability credentials will soon separate the winners and losers in every market, so we'll make it easy for any brand, campaign, or operational activity to be carbon neutral.
is the first true carbon offset and sequestration product that supports businesses and individuals with their efforts to go carbon neutral in near real-time. Our method: Industrial hemp, grown at scale with our carbon measurement and offset platform, supplying the best quality carbon credits in the world to Voluntary Carbon Markets (VCMs).
Hempoffset carbon offsets are:
- Additional: Purchase of Hempoffset carbon credits makes the hemp crop financially viable for farmers, so all our crops are additional.
- Validated, Verified, and Certified by the Department of Agriculture, Ireland.
- Fully considered: Only net gains are sold.
- Permanently and safely sequestering CO2.
- Designed with the ability to scale up fast.
- Used to produce hempcrete (https://www.hempoffset.com/2022/02/03/hempcrete-is-the-su...) for carbon-zero private and commercial buildings.
Gary Byrnes, Founder and CEO of Hempoffset says: "At Hempoffset, our vision includes using blockchain technology to deliver an end-to-end experience that will enable consumers and businesses to keep track of their carbon and offset data in the most transparent and trustworthy way possible. The existing carbon offset market is dominated by forestry and NGOs. We believe that forestry carbon offsets are not fit for purpose, and that the offset market needs to be disrupted so that it can grow to meet global needs. Our technology goal is to be 100% transparent, so that we can deliver trust, verification, and certification at scale, with measurable results."