- Dec. 21, 2021
-- As the U.S. emerges from the pandemic, focus is on decarbonizing the energy mix while improving grid resiliency, reliability and flexibility. Renewabe enery microgrids will play an increasingly important role in these efforts going forward.
Organized by SGO, the 14th Microgrid Global Innovation Forum - North America
, February 15-16, 2022 in San Diego brings together utilities and industry stakeholders for in-depth information sharing concerning the latest technology developments, implementation and operation of hybrid renewable energy microgrids. This is a great opportunity to network with top executives in this growing market.
- Mike Gravely, Team Lead and Senior Electrical Engineer, Energy Systems Research Office, California Energy Commission
- Jessica Tse, Senior Regulatory Analyst - Resiliency & Microgrids,
California Public Utilities Commission
- Michael Murray, COO and Co-Founder, Ageto Energy
- Lee Krevat, CEO, Krevat Energy Innovations
- Josh Gerber, CEO, Connect California
- David Slutzky, Founder and CEO, Fermata Energy
- Peter Asmus, Principal Research Analyst, Guidehouse Insights
- Shiv Mani, Group Manager - Office of Energy Policy & Innovation, FERC*
- Steve Pullins, Senior VP and CTO, AlphaStruxure
- Brian G. Morrison, Principal, Industrial Economics (IEc)
- Rob Hong, CEO, Sapling Financial
- Don Wingate, Vice President, Utility & Microgrid Solutions, Schneider Electric
- Ashkan Rahimi-Kian PhD, Founder & CEO, I-EMS Group
- Javad Zare, Lead Electrical Engineer, I-EMS Group
- Michael Goldbach, Chief Product Officer, New Sun Road
- Arman Ghasaei, Founder and CEO, itunePower Inc.
- Umar Waqas, Director of Engineering Services, Energy+ Inc.
- David Riposo, Energy Access Officer, USAID
- Dan Schnitzer, CEO, SparkMeter
- Jorg Heinemann, CEO, EnerVenue
- Frank J Micone, CEO, Air Voltaics
Topics to be addressed include:
- Microgrids for grid resiliency, sustainability and reliability
- Microgrids in California: Current status and directions forward
- Latest enabling technology advances, case studies and developments
- Market drivers and opportunities in North America
- Project modeling, financing and implementation
- Leveraging existing assets for single-premise microgrids
- Energy-as-a-Service: Managing a multi-stakeholder microgrid
- Synergistic microgrid business models
- Integration and interoperability with the larger grid
- Determining the correct technology mix for hybrid energy systems
- AI for grid-connected and remote microgrids
- Microgrid utility viability in emerging markets
- Energy storage developments and applications within microgrids
- Optimizing system performance, efficiency and ROI
"North America is a key market for microgrid growth," Coran notes. "Attendees will hear directly from industry practitioners who have real world lessons to share and who will be discussing success strategies in this market going forward."
Schneider Electric is the official Platinum Sponsor of the Forum. Air Voltaics is Gold Sponsor, and Silver sponsors are New Sun Road and Ageto Energy.
To register, visit www.microgridinnovation.com/North-America
. Attendees who enter the special discount code SGO20
when registering will receive 20% off the standard rates.