San Antonio psychiatrist offers 5 keys to overcoming fear of public speaking
By: The Croft Group
You are actually suffering from what is known as, glossophobia, the fear of public speaking.
San Antonio based psychiatrist, Dr. Harry Croft offers help to those resolving to conquer this phobia that is among the top fears most people have, ranking up there with fear of spiders, snakes, drowning and yes, even death.
Dr. Croft says there are 5 keys to overcome this fear:
1. Understand and rethink your stage fright by renaming it from fear to excitement.
2. Realize that avoiding your fear gives it more power. Enable yourself to face the activity that causes the fear and visualize yourself succeeding.
3. Practice your presentation out loud until you are comfortable with the content and confident with your delivery.
4. Improve your delivery by being authentically enthusiastic. Be yourself.
5. Learn from and let go of prior bad experiences and realize that the audience wants you to succeed.
About Harry Croft, MD
Based in San Antonio, Texas, PTSD expert psychiatrist, Dr. Harry Croft, has appeared as a guest/expert on national and international radio and TV networks and outlets around the world. He is best known to Texas TV viewers for his popular feature, "The Mind Is Powerful Medicine." His commentaries, columns and articles appear in prestigious publications, including Time Magazine, USA Today, and many more.
As a highly sought after keynote speaker, he has presented to thousands of audiences, in all 50 states and 7 foreign countries.
Dr. Croft is considered by many to be one of the world's leading authorities on PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He is the author of the best-selling book on the subject, "I Always Sit With My Back To The Wall."
Dr. Croft uses his comforting style to encourage and teach audiences to achieve confidence and success, through effective exercises and exciting new breakthrough treatments.
Official website: HarryCroft.com
The Croft Group