A New Strain of Parvo Virus has been Discovered. 7 Symptoms of Parvo in Puppies to watch for
Most common symptoms of parvo in puppies:
1. Complete Lack of Energy - One of the first signs of parvo is lethargy. They will start to slow down and not be as playful.
2. Dark Colored Stool - As the virus progresses, the stool will become less solid and turn almost black.
3. Diarrhea - Very quickly the puppy will begin to have diarrhea.
4. Vomiting - They will begin vomiting more and more often emitting a very foul odor.
5. Not Eating or Drinking - Another symptom is that your puppy will refuse to eat or drink anything.
6. Extreme Weight Loss - The puppy will lose an excessive amount of weight in a short amount of time making it look anorexic.
7. Fever - When a dog's nose is warm and dry, it is often an indicator of fever.
Usually by day 3, your puppy will have found a cool dark place to lie down and won't move from this spot because it just doesn't have the energy to do anything else and is in severe pain. Once this happens, it's usually too late to save them. Parvo is a very fast acting virus and time is very limited so please speak to a vet immediately once you notice the first signs of parvo.
Affiliate Disclaimer: The writer of this article may be compensated when you visit links provided.