- Nov. 11, 2021
-- The holiday season has always been synonymous with gathering. But remember, you're not just gathering with family and friends. You're also gathering a bottomless pile of things. You're dragging out the air mattress for guests, breaking out the decorations, and giving and receiving gifts. One day, you look around your home and it starts to feel a little bit chaotic. You realize it's time to start decluttering. Because when you clear away the madness, you make room for what truly matters.
Follow these five decluttering tips this holiday season:
- Donate – Everyone has a few items that they haven't used in several years. It might be time to pass those items along to someone who'd put them to good use.
- Invest in Shelving – Consider putting up shelving or investing in an entire shelving unit. When you're low on storage space, you can always create it.
- Buy Some Bins – Grab some bins or tasteful baskets to sit atop those shelves you've installed. It's an easy way to hide that clutter in plain sight.
- Clear Surfaces – Much like a piece of art, your eye needs a place to rest. So, clear those floors and surfaces to help create a light and airy feel.
- Declutter In Spurts – If you're hoping to block off an entire "decluttering day," you might find that day never comes. But everyone can find ten minutes each night.
PODS® Phoenix creates simple solutions to make decluttering a breeze:
- Create More Storage Space – When you're low on storage space, PODS can provide a storage container that's big enough to tackle even the toughest decluttering challenges.
- Declutter on Your Own Time – PODS can deliver a storage container right to your door and leave it there for as long as you'd like. That means that you're decluttering your home at your own pace.
- Keep Your Clutter Out of View – When you're ready, PODS will pick up your storage container and take it to one of their secure storage facilities, keeping your belongings safely and securely out of sight and out of mind.
"Between holiday decorations, hosting guests, and receiving gifts, space becomes a valuable commodity, and clutter can quickly begin to make things feel chaotic," says Steven Figueroa, Territory Manager of PODS® Phoenix. "We want to help make the holidays easier and a PODS container is the perfect solution of convenience and accessibility."