- Nov. 4, 2021
-- Provectus Environmental Products, Inc., announces that the Federal Republic of Brazil recently issued Patent No. 1120150283179 (PCT/US2014/
9.pdf) to SGW Services (https://sgw.com.br/)
, describing the combined use of ferric oxide (or other tri-valent metals) plus persulfate to yield safer, more effective remedial actions.
In 2014, Provectus debuted Provect-OX®
as the industry's first self-activated, persulfate-based in situ
chemical oxidation (ISCO) amendment specifically designed to support sustained bioremediation processes and therefore minimize rebound (US patent 9,126,245). In 2017, we improved the amendment by adding Terr-OR™
as a buffer and stabilizer for reactive ferrate (patents pending). To date, we have safely and effectively implemented the technology around the globe using a series of preferred (injection) contractors to remediate sites in a single application, without rebound.
When persulfate-based ISCO alternatives are comparatively analyzed (Click Here (http://www.provectusenvironmental.com/p-ox/Provect-OX-OX2...
amendments maintain their leadership in terms of:
- Safety: Provect-OX® has fewer health and safety concerns as compared to the use of traditional activation methods such as hydrogen peroxide or pH extremes using NaOH. Provect-OX® will not generate excessive heat/off-gases.
- Ease of Use: Single component product - all in one bag - with integrated buffer, ferrate-stabilizer, and activator results in simplified logistics and application.
- Increased Effectiveness: Promotes multiple oxidation reactions yielding more extensive in situ oxidation of a wider-range of organic contaminants. Provides a unique microbiological component for multiple accelerated attenuation processes that act to minimize or prevent contaminant rebound after oxidation reactions have terminated.
- Cost Efficiency: Significantly lower costs due to utilization of multiple oxidation reactions with combined secondary treatment processes. Use of ferric oxide conserves oxidant when compared to other activation methods.
- Improved Performance: Will not mobilize heavy metals or cause the generation of secondary impact issues resulting from grossly elevated pH.
- Longevity: Uniquely supports long-term, sustained, secondary bioremediation processes to manage residuals and minimize or prevent contaminant rebound. Iron and sulfate will remain in place and active for many years.
has been successfully used in North America, South America, Oceania, and EAMA. Numerous examples of these projects, along with lessons learned, can be found here: https://www.provectusenvironmental.com/provect-ox/
Please contact Will Moody at (908) 581-6291 or email@example.com for additional information regarding our technologies. Furthermore, Troy Lizer can be reached at (330) 284-7428 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Andy Lowy can be reached at (480) 670-7278 or email@example.com.