News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Enlit Africa is back in October as continent prepares for COP26
By: Enlit Africa
Formerly known around the continent as African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa, Enlit Africa has been connecting the utility industry on the continent for more than two decades and in the next edition will also bring back its popular water track. October's digital edition is a precursor in the lead-up to the hybrid event in Cape Town in June next year.
Volkwyn adds: "There was such a great response to our theme of 'The 5Ds* of the energy transition' during our event in June, focusing on what the continent needs to concentrate on to decarbonise the power sector. In October we move into the practical implementation of solutions to prepare the continent for a NetZero reality, including looking at LNG as a transitional energy source, municipal energy independence, E-mobility, and what Africa is bringing to and expecting from the COP26 summit."
*decarbonisation, decentralisation, democratisation, digitalisation and deregulation
Enlit Africa session highlights will include:
- Keynote session: How COP26 could provide the launchpad for Africa's energy transition.
- To LNG or not: Is that the question?
- Municipal Energy Resilience in South Africa - assisting local government to take advantage of new energy regulations, including purchasing energy directly from IPPs.
- E-mobility: Creating a regulatory and policy environment to encourage EV uptake.
- Prepayment as a precursor to enhanced energy and financial efficiency.
- Digital equity: Ensuring that digital advances are equitable and just.
- Energy storage: Generation, transmission or distribution asset?
- Finance, investment and strategy: Is there an oversupply of funding and an undersupply of projects?
- ROUNDTABLE: Heading to COP26: Has the COVID-19 crises derailed the climate finance agenda?
- Waste not, want not: re-use, recycle and reclaim your wastewater.
- Water security 2.0: Looking Durban's experience in addressing monumental water challenges.
Register on the Enlit Africa-Connect platform by clicking here: https://www.enlit-