ANN ARBOR, Mich.
CIMdata webinar - 9 September
- Aug. 17, 2021
-- CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm, announces an upcoming free educational webinar, "The Digital Thread is Really a Web, with the Engineering Bill of Materials at Its Center." The webinar will occur on Thursday, 9 September 2021, at 11:00 a.m. (EDT).
The Digital Thread has been core to the PLM vision for decades. The concept of linking multiple representations of a product, each tuned to the needs of various creators and consumers along the lifecycle, is powerful, and commercial PLM solutions have advanced to a point where the enablement of the Digital Thread is technically possible.
The Engineering Bill of Materials (eBOM) is a principal lifecycle view. There are views of product intent from which it is created, views by which it is optimized, and other views by which it is realized and sustained. This webinar will describe the Digital Web of product views at the front end of the product lifecycle with the eBOM at its center. The webinar will also consider the architectural principles for designing this structure of views to enable collaboration between creators and consumers along the product lifecycle within an enterprise.
- Understand the basic concept of a digital thread as the progression of product representations or views created and consumed along the product lifecycle.
- Learn about the different product representations that are relevant to the various creators and consumers along the lifecycle.
- Learn the basic guidelines for designing the structure and content of these product lifecycle views to serve the needs of their creators and consumers.
- Gain an understanding of how product lifecycle views interrelate in a weblike configuration, with the engineering view (i.e., the eBOM) at its center.
- Understand how the structure, content, and relationships between views can be sophisticated or simple depending on the needs of the business
According to James Roche, CIMdata's Director, Aerospace & Defense Practice, and the host for this webinar, "With recent advances in commercial PLM software, enablement of the Digital Thread is now technically possible. The concept is vast and inspiring, and the value potential is real. Leaders in many industries are pursuing Digital Thread strategies, often without a clear vision, and in many instances within or alongside digitalization, another vast and inspiring concept. Such initiatives are high risk. To be successful, Digital Thread initiatives must be pursued within a well thought out business-specific architectural framework."
Anyone with responsibility or interest in product program integration, systems engineering, PLM program planning, digitalization, or the digital thread will find this presentation interesting.
To learn more, visit: https://www.cimdata.com/en/events/webinars/event/641-webinar-the-digital-thread-is-really-a-web-with-the-engineering-bill-of-materials-at-its-center